Staff Product Manager - Sensing
Sydney, NSW /
Full-Time / Permanent
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Product, we’re looking for a Staff Product Manager - Sensing to lead, own and launch a new product area leveraging our quantum sensing capabilities. You’ll be a part of our world leading product team working closely with our key stakeholders across: quantum sensing & research, engineering, design and marketing.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the Problem: Own the problem space, along with the opportunity and agency to solve challenges. You’re unafraid of the unknown, willing to be adaptable and versatile, and maintain a figure-it-out mindset.
- Bring Teams Together: Drive product development, roadmaps, and go-to-market strategy with world-class engineers, designers, and marketers while upholding world-class development process and craft.
- Outcomes over Output: Proactively iterate on features based on customer data, feedback, and technology and market trends, evolving the product and optimising for customer impact and the potential of the development team.
- Build for Scale: Leverage expertise in product technology stacks, software and hardware, to inform and guide development teams to build platform features at scale.
Ideally you'll have:
- 8+ years of product management or related industry experience.
- Experience identifying market opportunities, identifying customer needs, and driving product vision and roadmaps in the context of broader organisational strategies and goals.
- Ability to understand, translate and communicate scientific- and technology-based concepts of emerging technologies to relevant partners and customers, and identify pathways to product and new features.
- Comfortable with independently researching, organising, and writing SoWs and research contract proposals. Familiar with proposal requirements and strategies.
- Experience going through a full product development lifecycle across hardware and software, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritisation and pre/post-launch execution.
- Business development experience with a network of sensing companies and hardware suppliers.
- Familiarity working with mining, geology, space, defence and government organisations (as examples).Worked in a technical environment with a broad, cross functional team, often with a lot of uncertainty, to align the team and execute towards key milestones.
- Comfortable delivering technical presentations and presenting to customers and executives.
Flexibility: We embrace flexibility and remote work so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.