Technical Sales Leader
Los Angeles, CA
Strategy – Sales /
Full-Time / Permanent /
We hold the key to making quantum technology useful. Q-CTRL is defining the quantum infrastructure software segment, and our products are revolutionizing the way quantum technology is used. From educating the workforce on how quantum computing works with Black Opal, to our industry-first November 2023 announcement that Q-CTRL’s performance-management software is now natively integrated with IBM Quantum services, we are building the global quantum sector. But our work isn’t limited to quantum computing: we go everywhere that quantum goes. In July 2023 our work with Australian Defence on software-ruggedized quantum sensing for navigation without GPS was featured in the New York Times.
We base these world-leading commercial outcomes on a base of transformational research. We operate the industry’s largest team of experts in quantum control, and push the limits of human capability through our software, hardware, and technical publications in the world’s most prestigious scientific journals.
As a high-growth global quantum startup we’ve raised over US $72M since 2017 from investors such as Airbus Ventures, Horizon Ventures, Main Sequence Ventures, SquarePeg Capital, Sierra Ventures, Salesforce Ventures and others; this includes the world’s largest Series B for any quantum software company. Adding to the completion of our new global HQ in Sydney (Australia’s first fully dedicated, commercial quantum technology site), Los Angeles and Berlin offices, we’ve also recently announced our expansion into the UK to continue to impact the development of quantum technology globally.
We’re led by our values; to be real, to be trusted, to be just, and to be revered. We’ve brought together an inspiring team of world-leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!) to help us shape the future of quantum technology. And we’re looking for new team members who want to help us change the world.
About the role
As the Technical Leader of Sales for quantum computing, you will be responsible for leading all revenue-growth strategies and execution for Q-CTRL’s most technical products, including Boulder Opal and its offshoots. You'll have direct responsibility for sales and business development operations and provide key input into other functions of the company, including strategic partnerships.
You'll bring your proven experience in engaging, supporting and closing sales with a diverse range of customers from academic research groups, national labs, as well as companies that are building quantum computing hardware.
We are looking for a leader who can strategize, prioritize, and relentlessly follow up with customers to ensure that sales goals are met.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead all Boulder Opal related revenue-growth strategies and execution.
- Create and implement processes to ensure smooth growth and execution of the sales pipeline, including managing existing industry-standard tools (e.g. Salesforce, Outplay, Jira, Mailchimp) and implementing new sales methods and tools as needed.
- Establish clear direction to translate high-level strategies into ambitious, yet attainable plans, and constantly identify and close gaps in execution.
- Work closely with stakeholders in product management and finance to make critical decisions and priority calls.
- Become a known figure across the technical landscape of the quantum industry and drive large complex deals and opportunities in collaboration with senior leaders.
Ideally you'll have:
- 7+ years in a combination of progressive leadership and operating roles in Engineering, Solutions/ Applications, Product, Sales, Growth and Business Development in growth-stage technology businesses.
- Demonstrated success in diverse sales environments including commercial, academic/research labs.
- Comfort in pulling key information from and selling to a highly technical audience such as Ph.D.-level scientists/engineers.
- Strong management and interpersonal capability, enabling you to motivate and inspire and delegate effectively.
- Tenacity and focus to pursue and convert leads and accelerate sales cycles.
- Experience operating in ambiguous environments. Particularly the ability to operate in unfamiliar markets, understand how highly technical offerings can be best positioned and differentiated within them, and learn from technical expert colleagues.
- Intuitive sense in establishing priorities, and executing them with a strong sense of urgency.
- A Ph.D. At least a Master’s degree in Physics/ Engineering with academic pedigree.
$137,500 - $220,000 a year
The US base salary range for this opportunity is determined by position, level, location and experience. Individual pay will be based on specific job-related skills, experience, education and other contributing factors determined throughout the interview process. Should you have any questions related to the compensation package, please speak directly with the Talent Acquisition representative.
Please note, the salary range listed for US job postings reflect the base salary only. This does not include bonus, employee stock options or benefits. For more information on benefits at Q-CTRL, please visit our careers page at https://q-ctrl.com/careers.
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.