Sydney, NSW /
Full-Time / Permanent
Quantum technology is likely to be as transformational in the 21st century as harnessing electricity was in the 19th. Quantum computing in particular promises to completely disrupt the way we process information - transforming previously uncomputable problems into manageable ones.
If you build or use quantum hardware, Q-CTRL provides the critical enabling software and professional services to help you achieve maximum performance. We empower our customers to realise the true potential of quantum tech, combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control engineering techniques. Our ambition is to be the trusted provider of quantum control solutions across all applications of quantum tech.
We’re a venture-capital backed company with Tier-1 investors including Sequoia Capital, DCVC, Sierra Ventures, and InQTel. Q-CTRL operates offices in the US and Australia, but is currently supporting remote work within these jurisdictions due to COVID19.
About the role
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer to join our core product team in Sydney. Reporting to the Lead Front-end Engineer, you’ll work closely with the product, design and back-end teams to help create new products in the exciting world of quantum technology.
The selected Front-end Engineer will be working collaboratively to write high quality, performant, reusable code. Along with the skills listed below, we are looking for a Front-end aficionado who loves to keep up to date with the latest technologies and always strives to develop faster and better ways of deploying code.
What you'll do:
- Develop beautiful and accessible user interfaces for Q-CTRL’s products using React
- Collaborate with design, back-end and product teams in the design and development of web based products
- Build reusable React UI components as part of our design system
- Reflect on best ways to improve both new and existing codebases
- Create reusable components for future products
- Contribute to improving best practices at an engineering level across the company
- Explore new technologies to improve our customer experience
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You have a strong understanding of web languages HTML/CSS/JS and web performance
- You have a demonstrated proficiency in ReactJS and common React patterns
- You are data driven and enjoy looking at facts to guide your reflections
- You enjoy discussing ideas with your peers to continuously improve your solutions
- You understand how to write performant and secure front-end code.
- You have a strong interest in emerging tech and quantum. We are not expecting you to be a quantum physicist, but being interested in what we’re building is definitely a must!
- You are not scared of the startup life: you understand you may wear different hats, try different things and will be hands-on in every single step of the SDLC.
- You have an understanding of TypeScript/NextJS/Apollo (bonus)
- You are familiar with GraphQL and REST (bonus)
- You have front-end tooling experience in Webpack (bonus)
At Q-CTRL, you can make a difference from day one - you won't be just a cog in the machine. You will work in a fascinating industry where you get to be a part of the 21st century’s most disruptive technology transformation.
You'll get to live the startup life without the startup wages: we offer competitive salaries and potential equity options. We also embrace flexible work hours - worry about your global impact, not a rigid work schedule.
If you fit the above and you are as excited as we are about building the quantum future, let's talk!
Please note that to be considered, applicants must be authorised to legally work and live in Australia.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.