Senior Quantum Solutions Engineer
Customer Solutions /
Full-Time / Permanent
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing control solutions for customer-driven problems in a variety of quantum technology platforms using Q-CTRL’s product suite.
What you will do:
- Take part in all stages of engagement with customers. You will participate in meetings, identify customers’ needs and challenges, conceptualize and produce demonstrations, and provide exceptional support to customers throughout the lifetime of projects and partnerships.
- Write public-facing documentation in accessible and technically accurate language.
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues in Quantum Research and Quantum Software Engineering.
- Consult with the Head of Quantum Control Solutions, product owner, and research teams on decisions for new products and features
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have a PhD in Physics or a related discipline or equivalent experience in the industry.
- You have a solid background in one or more of the following areas: quantum information, quantum control, or any of the experimental platforms currently used for quantum computing and quantum sensing.
- You enjoy diverse challenges and solving complex problems.
- You have experience with numerical programming in Python.
- You enjoy interacting with customers and can communicate effectively.
Flexibility: We embrace flexibility and remote work so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.