Intermediate Data Quality Assurance Engineer
R&D – Quality Assurance
Q4 is a leading global provider of cloud-based investor relations and capital market solutions. With the mission to help public companies drive valuation, reduce volatility and improve shareholder engagement, Q4 is a trusted partner to over 1,200 of the world’s largest brands. Our comprehensive portfolio of solutions, including websites, webcasting, analytics, and the industry’s leading IR CRM empower our customers to build impactful and strategic IR programs. Q4 has offices in New York, Toronto, Copenhagen, and London. To learn more, visit: www.q4inc.com.
Q4 is a team of creators, builders, and disruptors who specialize in solutions for investor relations. We develop products that are constantly evolving, solving problems, and pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for capital markets. Our products are built from scratch and leverage the strengths of every developer and team member at Q4.
The Intermediate Data Quality Assurance Analyst is expected to have deep product knowledge with a focus on its data quality needs. The successful candidate will participate in product feature and capital market dataset requirement planning/estimations, plan/document/execute test scenarios manually, uphold and improve QA process, engage in cross-team communication and collaboration, leverage/maintain/expand automation test scripts and data-related knowledge repository, and participate in all relevant stages of a Sprint cycle, ensuring timelines and high QA standards in an Agile environment.
- Work closely with Product, Dev and Design to ship awesome new features
- Accurate verification of market data as formulated in the Product, from source to UI
- Understanding the definition and formula of various Capital market data analytics
- Performance testing of data API traffic and Product usage
- Facilitate communication between Dev, PM and other QA team members to ensure product meets strict requirements
- Work with the team to evolve our QA processes and artifacts
- Get involved in the early stages of product development and provide crucial feedback during planning meetings
- Continuously analyze and implement efficient ways of verification from development to release, by improving our process and leveraging/introducing various tools and scripts
- Expand and maintain our Product/Data knowledge repository
Desired Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of software life cycle development experience is required
- Experience working on an Agile Product development team
- Experience using bug tracking and test case management tools (JIRA, TestRail)
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance testing methodology and processes
- High attention to detail when performing data entry and analysis
- General understanding of databases. Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL queries.
- Experienced with API consumption and various data transfer techniques, using tools like Postman
- Knowledgeable about various data formats: XML, JSON, CSV, SQL
- Experience conducting performance testing of Product and database load, using tools like Jmeter
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about building amazing products
- Capable of communicating and collaborating with key business stakeholders and a professional and timely manner
- Committed to continuous growth through learning (take advantage of our employee personal development budget!)
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competitive salary and health benefits.
- Employee Assistance Programs. We help you focus on your work life balance!
- Dog-friendly office. Hope you can handle cuteness overload!
- Food for thought. Complimentary tea, coffee and snacks!
- Monthly themed socials. Karaoke, maybe a costume, Jäger or tequila?
- Tuition Reimbursements. We invest in your continued learning!!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
- Collaborate with a fun bunch of bright, talented co-workers.
- Trendy, open concept offices in a hip part of town.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.