R&D – Leadership - R&D
Q4 is a leading global provider of cloud-based investor relations and capital market solutions. With the mission to help public companies drive valuation, reduce volatility and improve shareholder engagement, Q4 is a trusted partner to over 1,200 of the world’s largest brands. Our comprehensive portfolio of solutions, including websites, webcasting, analytics, and the industry’s leading IR CRM empower our customers to build impactful and strategic IR programs. Q4 has offices in New York, Toronto, Copenhagen, and London. To learn more, visit: www.q4inc.com.
The data architect will design data solutions that will allow our software and development teams to flourish by providing insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful products. Having had vast experience working with data storage, database structures & retrieval needs, the data architect will work closely with management to outline the changes needed in the company and come up with the best solutions. As a technical leader, the data architect will provide technical leadership of common technical configuration and support the technical deployment of solutions.
- Develop and maintain data architecture and data models. Control data model changes through active involvement throughout the project lifecycle, as well as reviewing and approving data designs
- Work with technical leads and architects to develop data integration and ETL solutions for the business in an agile, effective, and efficient manner
- Lead and support ETL development
- Carry out source to target data mappings
- Data analysis and provide estimates on data solutions
- Carry out proof of concept and prototypes data solutions
- Work with delivery teams to provide consultation, governance on data architecture and integration, and contribute to the delivery of projects
- Contribute to the development and publishing of data management standards, principles, and policies
- Work with other data practitioners in the development of enterprise data services
- Provide leadership to ensure good data quality is intact and maintained when developing data solutions
- Participate in the resolution of data quality and data integration issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or a related field required, or equivalent education
- Experience in Data Architecture standardization, and enterprise-level data governance and quality initiatives
- Must demonstrate expertise in data analysis, data modeling, database design, database implementation, capacity planning, and tuning
- Experience with NoSQL systems e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Expert level skill with SQL
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Experience with AWS Analytical mind, critical thinker, problem-solver
- Understanding of the financial services industry and global capital markets
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Competitive salary and health benefits.
- Employee Assistance Programs. We help you focus on your work life balance!
- Dog-friendly office. Hope you can handle cuteness overload!
- Food for thought. Complimentary tea, coffee and snacks!
- Monthly themed socials. Karaoke, maybe a costume, Jäger or tequila?
- Tuition Reimbursements. We invest in your continued learning!!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.
- Collaborate with a fun bunch of bright, talented co-workers.
- Trendy, open concept offices in a hip part of town.
Q4’s diverse culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Q4 employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.