Senior Staffing & Operations Manager
New York, New York /
Qarik – Operations /
Co-Founded by Google Cloud Engineering leaders and backed by Peak 6 Investments, Qarik (pronounced “KAR-ik,” meaning “rock” in Gaelic) is an IT Solutions company with a focus on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) strategy and implementation. We’ve grown to over 100 employees in less than three years and continue to attract brand name (F1000) clients.
We strive to work “with” our clients. We embrace agile instead of deliverables and milestones - establish a vision, create a theme-based roadmap and execute. We work in the trenches with our clients to learn from each other's experiences and capabilities.
We’re an enabler (in a good way). Unlike the traditional IT Solutions model, where consultants can remain long beyond project completion, we enter our engagements with the end in mind. Core to our ethos is the ability to solve complex problems and teach clients to do the same.
Qarik is looking for a versatile Professional Services Staffing & Operations Manager to join Qarik’s professional services staffing management process, systems, and related operational analytics. This is a hands-on, experienced role with potential room to grow a team. You will own process improvement, the systems and tools used to manage the areas of work you own, and manage key decisions between leading stakeholders within Qarik for our most valuable resource: our people delivering our projects. You will be responsible for initiating and following through on project staffing decisions, and recommendations on how to grow our staff and in what competencies, and be responsible for reporting and data analysis to support staffing utilization, and financial and operational efficiency initiatives. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively across teams and bring both industry and technical skills to Qarik engagement teams, helping to ensure that we’re taking a proactive approach to utilization and providing the best experience for our clients.
- Improve and iteratively grow Qarik’s resource/staffing management process and systems considering forecasted project needs, capacity, and skill match.
- Design, build, and operate a resource staffing business process with the successful outcomes being:
- 1) recommended matching of available resources to staffing needs on projects
- 2) accurate forecast of resource billing/utilization
- 3) creation and maintenance of personnel skills database
- 4) MIS including billable ratio, bench reporting, personnel forecasting, etc and reports generated from this/these systems
- 5) manage the staffing process, related cadences, and communications including weekly staffing calls across all constituents (SDL, HR, Engineering, and Sales)
- Work with peer staff to build insight dashboards telling a story with data. Provide regular summaries to the executive team that is clear, concise, and comprehensive utilizing your expertise in this field to help Qarik scale its team and delivery.
- Drive interaction with stakeholders to manage staffing needs as well as partner with our People, Sales, and Delivery teams to grow our team, and their skill sets, to meet the market.
- Manage the day-to-day staffing assignments of a professional services firm with many moving pieces.
- Support operational and strategic planning initiatives for resource planning and growth for mid to long-term company goals. Run operational cadences on a day-by-day basis.
- Recommend and assist with other supporting professional services operations process improvement and systems.
- Assist with the development, upgrades, and enhancements of designated supporting systems (PSA, CRM, Invoicing/ERP systems). Support maintenance of system interfaces related to designated systems.
Skills & Attributes
- 7+ experience of prior experience in professional services operations with at least 5 years in resource management/staffing management similar to this role.
- This role does require you to “roll up your sleeves” and play an active role to make change happen.
- Familiarity with technologies and skillsets in the cloud infrastructure and developer platform space.
- Very strong quantitative analytics skills and experience.
- Experience and comfort in understanding and using data to inform decisions for example, with respect to utilization considering financial goals for future staffing allocation and hiring decisions.
- Good technical aptitude. Experience with technology and data, specifically, evaluating, setting up PSA systems, and designing data reports to drive decisions.
- Collaborative and a strong communicator with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Highly organized and industrious, excellent at time and task management.
- Strong sense of ownership, focused and motivated, passionate and curious.
Preference for on-site work in the NYC office, with options for hybrid work.
New York City Pay Range Information: $175,000 base pay plus annual discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent upon individual skills, experience, qualifications, and applicable laws.
Qarik offers a competitive and comprehensive employee compensation and benefits package.
Qarik is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For further information please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org