Software Engineer, Generative AI
Qarik – Engineering /
Contract to Hire (Remote) /
Co-founded by Google Cloud Engineering leaders, Qarik is an IT Solutions company focusing on Google Cloud Platform. We’ve grown to 100 employees in less than three years and continue to attract brand-name (F1000) clients. We are an engineer-driven company where your talent is truly appreciated and maximized. Unlike the traditional model, where consultants can remain long beyond project completion, we enter our engagements with the end in mind. Core to our ethos is the ability to solve complex problems and teach clients to do the same.
About the Role
We are looking for an accomplished Software Engineer proficient in Python. In this role, you'll be part of the team building bleeding-edge Generative AI applications using Large Language Models (LLMs) for structured and unstructured data for summarization, classification, and question-answering. You will work with our customers to understand their requirements and imagine, design, and develop applications on Google Cloud.
- 5+ years of software development experience, with strong skills in Python.
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud-native applications, microservices architecture, and understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience in software lifecycle best practices.
- Demonstrated ability in scaling applications and understanding time/space complexity.
- Understanding of troubleshooting and reductionist techniques in software development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), including Cloud Run, GKE, Firestore, and CloudSQL. Alternatively, experience with similar services on AWS or Azure.
- Large Language Model development stack (LangChain, Google PaLM, etc.)
- CI/CD automation and orchestration (Jenkins, Github Actions, Cloud Build, or similar).
- Infrastructure actuation/automation (Terraform or similar).
- Have a passion for quality, good design, and clean code.
- Engineering mindset/developer background.
- Strong sense of ownership and teamwork.
- Curious, always learning to get better.
- Excellent communication skills.
Open to any location in the US as long as you are willing to overlap the US East Coast morning.
● Qarik offers a competitive employee compensation and outstanding benefits package.
● The job is fully remote with work hours and vacation flexibility for work/life balance.
● You will work on a team where people respect each other, have a shared goal of customer success, and work together instead of competing against each other or counting the lines of code or number of PRs to meet personal annual OKRs. Most of your teammates think this is the best team they have ever worked on so far in their careers.
● We are using the latest AI tech and pushing the boundaries possible, constantly learning new stuff and creating new cool things together.
Qarik is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For further information, please contact our email@example.com.