New York, New York /
Qarik – Engineering /
Co-Founded by Google Cloud Engineering leaders and backed by Peak 6 Investments, Qarik (pronounced “KAR-ik,” meaning “rock” in Gaelic) is an IT Solutions company with a focus on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) strategy and implementation. We’re growing and continue to attract brand-name (F1000) clients.
We strive to work “with” our clients. We embrace agile instead of deliverables and milestones - establish a vision, create a theme-based roadmap, and execute. We work in the trenches with our clients to learn from each other's experiences and capabilities.
Unlike the traditional IT Solutions model, where consultants can remain long beyond project completion, we enter our engagements with the end in mind. Core to our ethos is the ability to solve complex problems and teach clients to do the same.
- Work with client teams, guide and establish modern best practices befitting the organization’s goals toward modernization and transformation
- Work directly with Cloud Infrastructure, Platform Engineering, and SRE teams to set goals, design and implement solutions in support of modern engineering culture, processes and systems.
- Work as a team to design, document, implement, test and support the build, deployment, and configuration management systems that abstract and automate the code to deployment workflow for application development teams.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Leverage past experiences with technologies. Some key technologies:
- CI/CD automation and orchestration (Jenkins, Cloud Build, Tekton, Spinnaker)
- Infrastructure/systems logging and monitoring (New Relic, Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Infrastructure actuation/automation (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Public cloud (GCP a must, AWS and Azure a plus) and key platforms (k8s, VMs)
- Backend services code (nodejs, python, Java, etc.)
- Leverage domain subject matter expertise. Continue growing as the IT industry and its readiness grow. Some key areas:
- Developer productivity, code velocity and quality
- Monorepo, code re-use and dependency management, green repo and CI at scale (20K+ PRs/hour)
- Continuous deployment/delivery, DORA-esque telemetry & goals, “boring deployments”
- SRE mentality, change management, cultural change of roles & responsibilities (e.g. protect my own -> enable others)
- Backend services patterns and design
- Lead from behind. Communicate, persuade, teach, across peers and senior management
- Strong technical aptitude
- Highly organized and effective team player
- Strong sense of internalized work ethic and ownership. Client goals, project goals, personal development goals
- Curious, passionate, impactful where you are
Other Relevant Details
- Desired Locations: US, Belfast, UK, EU but open to any location as long as you have a great internet connection and are willing to overlap US East morning.
- New York City Pay Range Information: $130,000-$175,000, plus may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent upon individual skills, experience, qualifications, and applicable laws.
Qarik offers a competitive and comprehensive employee compensation and benefits package.
Qarik is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.