Lead Infrastructure & DevOps Engineer
Platform – Engineering /
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
We’re growing our platform engineering team and looking for an Infrastructure/DevOps Lead Engineer to own the entire DevOps/Infrastructure management lifecycle and be accountable for the implementation of best practices and processes. They should possess sound knowledge of various tools and technologies used by other team members and will be responsible for improving automation of tasks for developing and deploying code and data to implement continuous deployment and continuous integration frameworks. They will lead the ongoing development and maintenance of high availability production and non-production work environments.
This is a hands-on player/coach position where you will be empowered to be creative and bold, to solve infrastructure problems, and will directly impact the lives of our users.
- Own architecture and technical leadership of complete DevOps infrastructure for continuous integration, lifecycle solutions, documentation and deployment of solutions across various sites
- Create software deployment strategies for the successful deployment of software in our work environment; design, build, and optimize automation systems that help to execute web and data infrastructure platforms
- Proactively identify and fix inefficiencies and security issues in infrastructure and tooling to improve the performance of the team, including identifying issues in the production phase and system and implementing monitoring solutions to overcome those issues
- Own the business continuity plan for data backup and recovery of the platform, including monitoring/alerting and platform uptime and performance metrics
- Conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques which could be reused and applied to the software development project; help us stay abreast of industry trends and best practices
- Develop self-service solutions for the engineering team to deliver software with excellent quality and speed; ensure strategies that scale, including automation scripts and solutions to implement, streamline, and execute
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and scaling highly available, fault tolerant systems
- Partner with the broader engineering team to develop infrastructure, automation tools, and maintain configuration management
- Be a player/coach, grow, lead and mentor a team as well as conduct training sessions with engineering team and other key users of the platform
- Maintain documentation and communication of best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience, with at least 5 years as DevOps engineer
- Some management/hiring experience
- Proficiency and experience in using Linux, CI tools, IaaS tools, configuration and orchestration, excellent knowledge of AWS and or other cloud environments
- Experience deploying and managing distributed data systems of both NoSQL and SQL varieties
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure clear information conveyed and ability to inspire trust
- Result-oriented, self-motivated, and proactive. Should be action-oriented and an analytical and strategic thinker
- Thrives in fast-moving environments where you collaborate and work with cross-functional stakeholders including executives, scientists, clinicians, and engineers
In the San Francisco Bay Area, the standard pay range for this role is $180,000-$220,000 annualized. This pay range is for the San Francisco Bay Area and is not applicable to locations outside of this location or for remote roles. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and work location. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer significant equity and an employee-friendly stock option plan. Employees will also be eligible to participate in benefits plans available to other similarly situated employees subject to any eligibility requirements imposed by such plans.
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.