Redwood City /
Operations – Clinical /
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
Operation of MRI scanner:
- As an MRI Technologist, you are responsible for member safety, member experience, and the performance of high quality MR studies.
- Insures effective communication with individuals undergoing MR scanning, including Q Bio staff and radiologists as necessary.
- Performs and remains current on all scanning protocols.
- Assists in the configurations of existing or new protocols on scanner workstation.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies, cleaning unit, and scan participant preparation.
- Prepares members for MRI exam: explains procedure, ensures that patient screening form is properly completed, safely transfers scan participant to MRI equipment, properly positions patient and assists patient on completion of exam; completes exams in the required timeframe
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and when necessary report to the proper personnel for repair
- Utilizes ancillary tools and equipment appropriately: PACS system and other software systems
Scanner Participant Scheduling and Screening:
-Assist in scheduling when needed
-Ensure participants are adequately screened for safety prior to arrival for scan
Image Post Processing:
- Responsible for post processing images including transfer of images to PACS/storage, ensuring all post processing steps are complete including but not limited to image annotation, segmentation, data entry, and any additional image analysis
- Responsible for training new technologists
- Performs pertinent MRI Safety training for Q Bio Staff
- Performs pre-screening for contraindications and onsite screening of scan participants
- License/Certifications: ARMRIT - American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist; BLS - Basic Life Support
- Completion of an accredited Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) program or Radiologic technology program
- Clinical work experience of at least 2-5 years
- Proficiency running advanced MR studies independently
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team and the drive to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Understands, performs and accurately completes all examinations on MRI equipment, following clinic practices and procedures
- Strong bedside manner, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated patient care skills with ability to explain complex medical terms and procedures in a manner that is easily understood by a non-medical audience
In the San Francisco Bay Area, the standard pay range for this role is $40-$55 per hour. This pay range is for the San Francisco Bay Area and is not applicable to locations outside of this location or for remote roles. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and work location. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer significant equity and an employee-friendly stock option plan. Employees will also be eligible to participate in benefits plans available to other similarly situated employees subject to any eligibility requirements imposed by such plans.
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.