Bioinformatics Platform – Data Science
Q Bio is a cross disciplinary team of doctors, scientists and engineers that believes the future of healthcare will be orders of magnitude more effective as it becomes truly data driven, preventative, and personalized. It is unlikely that our current system, bogged down by misaligned incentive structures, can be fixed in order to realize this potential. Therefore, we intend to reinvent it. The foundation of this new system will be tools that empower patients and their physicians to quantify, track, and analyze physiological changes in their bodies in unprecedented detail.
In the past decade there has been an explosion in the tools available for the measurement and quantification of biological systems. Genomics was just the beginning. We are entering the age of full-stack, multi-scale biological digitization which will include Epigenomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Microbioimcs, Radiomics and more. Many of the tools to quantify our biology at these different layers of biological processes are improving faster than Moore's law on a price-performance basis. We seek exceptional highly motivated individuals who want to help us build the first platform capable of aggregating and analyzing all of this information in order to dramatically improve our ability to detect and predict the onset of disease in asymptomatic individuals.
Our protocol is based on landmark systems biology research done at Stanford University. In about an hour, we take blood, saliva, urine and a non-invasive whole-body scan from which we extract 1000’s of genetic, chemical, and anatomical biomarkers to build the world’s most comprehensive quantitative snapshot of an individual’s health at a point in time.
Q Bio was founded by Jeffrey Kaditz, serial entrepreneur and Founder of Affirm, Dr Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine and Stanford University, and Dr Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. We are fortunate to be backed by some of the best venture groups in the world including: A16Z, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and Kevin Durant.
- Apply domain and analytical expertise to the development of the Q Bio Clinical Bioinformatics platform.
- Develop insightful analysis and tools to address initially ambiguous clinical bioinformatics questions.
- Develop clinical risk scores based on time series multiomics datasets.
- Use existing clinical knowledge to provide context to multiomics datasets through search and other intuitive interfaces.
- Work closely with cross-disciplinary team to understand and define analytical needs and product requirements.
- Support development of analytical tools through the entire product lifecycle.
- Proven track record of deriving novel insights from complex biological or health systems.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline.
- Outstanding statistical and programming skills.
- Well versed in modern analytical tools and frameworks. Willingness to find and use existing tools and ability to build new ones when necessary.
- 3+ years software development experience on shipped products.
- Experienced with Python across diverse applications and runtime environments.
- Ability to provide context and insight to data at all levels in a technology stack and organization.
- Relentless, self-motivated problem solver.
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-moving team environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: 1) Time series analysis and stochastic modeling of complex systems, 2) Clinical genomics, 3) Clinical risk assessment based on medical or insurance records, 4) Clinical assessment of wearables or fitness trackers, 5) Open to other suggestions, we want to find a way to use your expertise in the short term to improve the bioinformatics platform.
- Ability to render beautiful interactive data visualizations.
- Knowledge base construction and curation from public datasets.
- Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Personalized catered meals every day
- The opportunity to become an expert in computational biology, biotechnology and the cutting edge of digital healthcare technology while getting hands on experience with it
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.