Senior Software Engineer - Numerical Computing
San Carlos /
R&D – Engineering /
Q Bio is building technology for the Physical of the Future that measures more, faster and cheaper about the human body, to enable proactive primary care for all. We're revolutionizing primary care with the first clinical digital twin platform, powered by breakthrough whole-body scanning technology, that highlights the most important changes in a person’s physiology for sharing with physicians and specialists anywhere in the world.
Q Bio’s clinical digital twin platform, Gemini, is the first to capture and monitor comprehensive baseline patient health in a scalable virtual model. The Gemini Dashboard highlights the most important chemical and anatomical changes in an individual weighted by an individual’s lifestyle, genetic and medical history, that can be securely shared with physicians and specialists all over the world.
Gemini is powered by the fastest, most accessible, whole body scanner developed: the Mark I. Self-driving and optimized for primary care, the Mark I can complete a whole-body scan in 15 minutes or less in an open space, without radiation, breath holds, or claustrophobia. Patient comfort is maximized with the option to sit, stand, or lie down, and real-time telemetry is displayed throughout.
Why should you consider a career with Q Bio?
We dream big. Our team is aligned and excited about the opportunity to save lives and understand the human body like never before. We know how critical empowering and supportive leadership is, both to our excellence as a company, and for our team experience as a whole, and our leadership team will empower and support career growth. We’re a team of engineers, scientists, and operators who come from a diverse background of disciplines and experiences. We value teamwork, growth, determination and persistence, commitment to collaboration, and a reliance on staying nimble while keeping the big picture in mind.
Join our team and lead the development of cutting-edge quantitative MRI techniques, creating a comprehensive whole body Digital Twin. From concept to deployment, you will play a critical role in shaping the future of MRI technology and bring it to the forefront of medical innovation.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on numerical simulations, you will be responsible for the design, prototyping and deployment of advanced algorithms to support advanced quantitative MRI solutions Q Bio Gemini, our proprietary whole body Digital Twin platform enabling 15-min whole body scan on Mark-I. You will play a critical role in the development of the most accessible scanner ever developed, and be part of a paradigm shift in health care and precision medicine!
- Create and continually improve physics-based quantitative image reconstruction algorithms for the Q Bio Mark-I
- Develop and optimize software for the modeling of the Q Bio Mark-I scanner
- Bring proprietary and innovative acquisition and image reconstruction solutions to the Q Bio Gemini platform
- Contribute to the development of next-generation quantitative MRI techniques that expand Q Bio's imaging capabilities
- Lead the design and implementation of advanced quantitative MRI techniques to construct a comprehensive whole body Digital Twin, from initial concept to final deployment and maintenance on the Gemini platform
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related scientific field (such as Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics) or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience in scientific computing and proficiency in writing production-level code in languages such as Python and C++, or a willingness to learn
- A focus on programming best practices and an understanding of version control systems (git), unit testing, and code reviews
- Passionate about writing clean, readable, and reusable code
- Background in developing numerical solutions to physics problems and a track record of creating software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams including executives, scientists, clinicians, and engineers
- At least 2 years of relevant industry experience
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience with writing C++ or Python computational models in an industrial setting
- Strong foundational knowledge in linear algebra, algorithms, numerical modeling, and mathematical optimization
- Understanding of inverse problems and their applications
- Track record of implementing sophisticated numerical models
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing complex numerical solutions to physics/math problems
- Passion for understanding and optimizing for user needs
We are mission first, passionate about building things, and passionate about learning. We're looking for people that bring those same values, that can propel us along our mission, that can build great things, and where we can learn from each other and grow along the way.
In the San Francisco Bay Area, the standard pay range for this role is $170,000-$200,000 annualized. This pay range is for the San Francisco Bay Area and is not applicable to locations outside of this location or for remote roles. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and work location. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer significant equity and an employee-friendly stock option plan. Employees will also be eligible to participate in benefits plans available to other similarly situated employees subject to any eligibility requirements imposed by such plans.
Q Bio was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneur Jeffrey Kaditz, Dr. Michael Snyder, Chair of Genetics and Director of Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, and Dr. Garry Choy, physician, radiologist, and former Chief Medical Information Officer at Mass General Hospital. Q Bio has raised over $80M from world class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, SciFi VC, and many more.
Q Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.