Engineering – Engineering /
Hanwha Qcells designs, builds, and manages financially sustainable solar photovoltaic (PV) solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes, and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for the US energy market
The Module Equipment Engineer (Machine) is responsible for the manufacturing of solar modules, which consists of soldering, inspection, mechanical assembly, and machinery management, all in accordance with the high industry standards and within manufacturing timescales.
• Run diagnostic tests and repair malfunctioning equipment in all areas of factory automation.
• Commission control systems, troubleshoot operational issues, and perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration, including flow and pressure transmitters and level sensors.
• Perform preventative maintenance; ensure stock of critical spares, properly input data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), execute work orders, back up programs, and keep prints and manuals current.
• Utilize established SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD guidelines, and department design procedures to create solid models and detailed drawings.
• Troubleshoot all programmable logic control (PLC), HMI, motor, and motor control problems.
• Perform root cause failure analysis for failed parts and use materials/fabrication knowledge to design improvements.
• Identify critical machine components and analyze critical design features to ensure reliability in the final operating environment.
• Drive operational improvement and cost reduction by enhancing industrial control schemes.
• Execute all required duties while practicing safe work methods and adhering to all plant safety.
• Develop and maintain regular reports consistent with departmental needs to track progress and drive action on Equipment improvements.
• Complete assigned work orders, write work requests, and collaborate with other team members to troubleshoot and repair processing and solar module equipment.
• Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the solar module equipment.
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of Hanwha Q CELLS Georgia, Inc.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
More than one year of related experience or school graduation work experience.
• Machine design experience, including specification of bearings, drive train components, and design of fabricated components for proper fit and assembly.
• Demonstrated skills with SolidWorks, Inventor, and Autodesk.
• Materials knowledge (corrosion, failure mechanisms, strength of materials) is critical.
• Strong proficiency in related software, including Auto CAD and MS Office applications and project management tools.
• Project management, finite element, or other mechanical analysis software, PDM system.
• Able to tolerate a fast-paced work environment in areas that are not climate controlled.
• Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Able to stand and walk the production area throughout the workday.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds without restriction.
• Reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting as required within limits set by Hanwha Q CELLS Georgia, Inc.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Equipment can be disassembled or assembled for a long time for equipment inspection and maintenance.
• Experience with factory automation, robotics, actuator, or complex servo-controlled systems.
• Experience working with part design and assembly plot design with Auto CAD(2D).
• Experience in machining, assembling, and maintenance of machine parts.
• Be able to work voluntarily and creatively and constantly improve your competences
• Polite person who gets along well with colleagues with a bright personality.
• Stay responsible for job-related problems and maintain job ownership.
Hanwha Qcells provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.