Purchasing Specialist/Bilingual Korean
Purchasing – Purchasing /
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for purchasing and logistics tasks for the Hanwha Q CELLS GA Plant. This individual will organize, control, and monitor purchasing activities of assigned raw materials, machine parts and introduce purchasing strategies targeting maximum contribution to the operating result. This position will work in a cross-functional team environment within Hanwha Q Cells GA Plant as well as other subsidiaries of Hanwha Group. Will communicate with Asia plants.
This role is onsite 5 days a week in Dalton GA. Relocation is provided as needed. This role also requires Bilingual Korean.
- Track the progress of PO from creation to delivery.
- Check PR/PO/GR in SAP. (Monthly AP Closing included)
- Determination of Purchase Order on basis of the sales forecast and the stock level.
- Goods Receipt, article creation and modification, system flow management, and other transactions in SAP.
- Follow the payment and diver's financial issues with the Finance Department.
- Key contact for coordination of actions for inventory management.
- Out of stock and risk management with the concerned services. (Quality, export service, packaging, marketing)
- Negotiate with oversea plants and markets and propose logistic solution which meets the best to each part.
- Report on annual expenditures and savings in line with business plan.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders regarding purchasing task.
- Negotiate with external accounts for competitive unit price and contract terms.
- Supervise suppliers’ performance in the domain of lead-time, reactivity, reliability, and flexibility
- Participate in the plant’s production plan and capacity optimization.
- Participate in the inland and oversea transport optimization to reduce the cost.
- Manage purchasing task by types of suppliers to fit the materials’ properties.
- Ensure the close relationship with the suppliers in other domain of raw material management, lead-time, expedition, and reception. Intensive management on a supplier when an issue occurs to it.
- Key Supply chain contact for the suppliers of concerned scope.
- To build strong collaboration network with other supply chain service to obtain information and to synchronize process.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree is Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering, or related fields.
- Must have 5 years of Purchasing experience.
- Must be Bilingual Korean.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing and/or procurement
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to tolerate a fast-paced work environment in areas that are not climate controlled
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Able to stand and walk the production area throughout the workday.
- Reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting as required within limits set by Q Cells
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- 5+ years of purchasing or procurement experience.
- Experience in high tech manufacturing industry and startups
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and SAP
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.