Equipment Engineer (Bilingual/Korean)
Engineering – Engineering /
Hanwha Qcells designs, builds, and manages financially sustainable solar photovoltaic (PV) solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes, and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for the US energy market.
Please note this role is in Cartersville, GA, relocation is provided. Also, this role requires Bilingual Korean language skills.
The Module Equipment Engineer (Machine) is responsible for the manufacturing of solar modules, which consists of soldering, inspection, mechanical assembly, and machinery management, all in accordance with the high industry standards and within manufacturing timescales.
- Run diagnostic tests and repair malfunctioning equipment in all areas of plant automation.
- Commission control systems, troubleshoot operational issues, perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration including flow and pressure transmitters, and level sensors.
- Perform preventative maintenance; ensure stock of critical spares, properly input data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), execute work orders, back up programs and keep prints and manuals current.
- Utilize established SolidWorks CAD guidelines and department design procedures to create solid models and detail drawings.
- Troubleshoot all programmable logic control (PLC), HMI, motor, and motor control problems.
- Perform root cause failure analysis for failed parts and use materials/fabrication knowledge to design improvements.
- Identify critical machine components and analyze critical design features to ensure reliability in final operating environment.
- Drive operational improvement and cost reduction by enhancing industrial control schemes.
- Complete assigned work orders, write work requests and collaborate with other team members to troubleshoot and repair processing and solar module equipment.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the solar module equipment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Hanwha Q CELLS USA, Inc.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
- MUST hold a Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering.
- 0-3+ years of experience (internship experience accepted as well)
- Machine design experience including specification of bearings, drive train components and design of fabricated components for proper fit and assembly
- Demonstrated skills with SolidWorks, including SolidWorks explorer, sheet metal, toolbox, bill of materials and weldments
- Materials knowledge (corrosion, failure mechanisms, strength of materials) is critical
- Strong proficiency in related software including AutoCAD and MS Office applications, and project management tools
- Project management, finite element, or other mechanical analysis software, PDM system (direct experience with Synergis Adept is desirable)
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced work environment in areas that are not climate controlled
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Able to stand and walk the production area throughout the workday
- Able to lift to 50 pounds without restriction
- Experience with factory automation; i.e., robotics, or complex servo controlled systems
- Be able to work voluntarily and creatively, and constantly improve your competences
- Stay responsible on job related problems and maintain job ownership
- Fluency in Korean is a plus
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.