IT Support Technician
IT – Technician /
IT Support Technician
Reports to: IT Engineer - Infrastructure
Location: Dalton, GA
The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. This includes, but is not limited to, providing Help Desk support, setup, installation and upgrade of equipment and software. The person must attend all troubleshooting of hardware, software and network connectivity problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair IT assets including desktop computer systems and peripherals, software applications, laptops, printers, tablets, smartphones, etc.
- Provide help desk support to all MS Windows users related to hardware, software, and network connectivity issues; diagnose, test, and repair of hardware and software issues.
- Run diagnosis on infrastructures (servers, network, and database) to identify troubles, and suggest and execute solutions.
- Monitor and execute solutions for the communication issues between MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and equipment.
- Receive and document all user support requests in the designated help desk work order system; maintain communication with end-users and supervisor regarding work order activity; update/close work orders in a timely manner.
- Escalate technical support issues to appropriate technical staffs as needed.
- Provide IT resource support and trainings for the employees.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the IT assets, database, and the help desk work order system.
- Prepare and maintain IT service documentation, statistics, and reports.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management.
- An associate degree in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows OSs (from Windows 7 to the latest edition)
- Strong knowledge of IT hardware, software, and network
- Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Able to stand and walk the production area, and lift items up to 50 pounds
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced work environment in areas that are not climate controlled
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Experience with an enterprise desktop management system (SCCM or JAMF Casper Suite) and/or experience supporting enterprise systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Cisco telephony, and VMware
- Experience with hardware troubleshooting; simple repairs; web/desktop publishing; smartphones; network printing; viruses/spyware; wireless; IP; and telephony systems, all beneficial
- Certification in A+, Network+, Microsoft Desktop Support
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work night shifts
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.