Hanwha Qcells Enable – Construction /
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Electrician will provide support to the Construction Manager & Field Supervisor of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays and solar systems for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team.
This position reports to the Head of Construction Department 1.
This position is required to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Work closely with the Site Superintendent, Foreman, and other Electricians to complete the (AC) side of commercial solar installations.
- Work with Electricians on electrical wiring of solar array systems (AC) for commercial properties.
- Bend, thread, and install conduit. (1-4”).
- Work with Electricians to pull wires through conduits.
- Install electrical equipment such as switchgear, transformers, inverters, combiners, and monitoring.
- Terminate wires in electrical equipment.
- Make DC terminations in combiners and inverters.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform system inspections and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot AC and DC issues.
- Interconnect PV system with utility grid.
- Ensure that all electrical work performed is good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes.
- Assist DC installers with racking and module installations when needed.
- Comply with all safety regulations and company policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA 30 and SST, required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Residential Solar Installation, is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Commercial Solar Installation, is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in electrical trade required.
- Experience with the safe-use of hand-held power tools.
- Previous experience in PV installations, electrical, roof work, general construction, or carpentry, preferred.
- Understanding and experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems, strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and redline blueprints, preferred.
- Ability to work in extreme environments, such as the hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops, and be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50-65 lbs.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance, required.
- Forklift experience & license, preferred.
- Ability to travel, at least 50% of the time.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player.
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
- Work overtime (nights and weekends) when needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company Match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Hourly + Bonus
- Career advancement opportunity
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.