Energy Analytics Engineer
Growing Energy Labs, Inc (Geli) – Technology - Software Development - Australia /
This is a remote position based out of Sydney, Australia - Geli is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA and has a growing Australia team.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Energy Analytics Engineering role supports storage modeling and analyses for multiple different teams including Solution Sales, Grid Services, Product, Data Science, and Operations, across Hanwha Q CELLS and Geli engineering. This position sits under the Geli Engineering team.
This position is a remote position based out of Sydney, Australia - Geli is headquartered in San Francisco and has a growing Australia team.
- Conduct energy storage analytics and simulations to support project qualifications that lead to Geli sales and support Geli field operations, including ESS sizing, load analysis, tariff analysis, and measurement and verification analysis.
- Conduct energy storage analytics to analyze the business value of various different energy revenue streams, and to support engineering and data science product development.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Development to analyze how projects will perform over 20-year horizons and assist with cash-flow modeling.
- Influence product development by testing and providing customer feedback.
- Develop ownership over Geli’s modeling toolset and work closely with the Sales, Business Development, and Engineering teams to improve Geli’s modeling products and drive new features and functionality.
- Engage with Geli’s project development partners to define and effectively communicate the value proposition of energy storage for their projects
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering, environmental science, economics, or a stats-intensive field
- Good understanding of battery energy storage and renewable energy
- Understanding of electricity markets, tariff structures, and renewable incentives
- Experience in Microsoft Excel for financial modeling
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels and teams at Geli
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and nimble in a fast-paced multifaceted work environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt in the rapidly growing energy industry
DESIRED REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of energy storage applications and renewable energy
- 1-3 years of experience in the renewable energy industry
- Understanding of renewable energy project finance models including power purchase agreements and shared savings.
- B2B sales support experience
- Experience using Python and/or Matlab for data analysis preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and concepts preferred
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact to the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.