EPC Sales Manager
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp – Utility Solutions Sales /
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The EPC Sales Manager is accountable for business development and sales effort. This role will bring solutions to our clients across the solar market. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of EPC sales and possess existing relationships at the executive level within customer organizations. This position reports to the Head of USS, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 30%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Leads strategies to obtain new EPC business
- Tracks and supports key project initiatives within speciﬁed target accounts.
- Possesses and cultivates long-term relationships with key management personnel within the customer organization, spanning across procurement, engineering, process controls, operations, and the like.
- Develops and executes strategic account plans to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Develops eﬀective diﬀerentiators and negotiation strategies and understands all key commercial and legal issues.
- Reports annual business plan and market evaluation, a weekly report on revenue and margins, actions completed, look ahead travel, and action plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of EPC sales or execution.
- A proven track record of utility-scale solar EPC sales and possess existing relationships at the executive level within customer organizations.
- Solar industry experience preferred.
- Proﬁcient knowledge of project engineering, procurement, and construction processes/procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
POSITION'S OFFERED SALARY PAY RANGE
- The anticipated starting pay range of this position, if it is to be located in Irvine, CA is $120,000.00 - $145,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.