Data Solution Architect
San Francisco, CA
Growing Energy Labs, Inc (Geli) – Technology - Software Development /
Full-time (Hybrid) /
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues who are not only fluent in technology but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
As the data solutions architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the data architecture for our cloud-based platform. You will play a critical role in shaping the platform data strategy, ensuring that both functional and non-functional requirements of our cloud-based solutions are met.
- Develop and maintain the overall data architecture for our cloud application platform, ensuring alignment with business objectives while meeting availability, scalability, performance, integrity, security, sustainability, and other non-functional requirements.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and architectures and select appropriate data technologies and tools to implement these solutions.
- Design data integration and replication strategies to ensure a seamless flow of information across different components of the cloud application platform.
- Design and architect data models, message schemas, data pipelines, data lakes/warehouses, and analytics systems.
- Define and implement data security and compliance measures to protect sensitive information within the cloud application platform and comply with regulatory/data privacy requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation for data architecture, including data models, integration processes, and system diagrams.
- Guide and support cross-functional teams on best practices.
- Consult with customers and cross-functional teams to deliver outside-the-box solutions.
- Travel up to 10% to various QCells software development centers.
- A university degree in an Engineering field – Computer Science preferred
- 10+ years of experience building and delivering software products and solutions
- 5+ years of experience leading data architecture and design decisions
- Strong expertise in database technologies, data modeling, and data warehousing
- Curious, creative, bias for action – demonstrated passion for driving cutting-edge solutions and thinking outside the box to solve customer problems
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP storage services
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills. Able to interact effectively with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities to develop solutions actively and creatively.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Background in the energy vertical
- Experience with big data technologies and distributed computing
- Experience with Asset modeling / Digital Twins
- Knowledge of data visualization and BI tools.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Conveniently accessible location in downtown San Francisco
Flexible work-from-home-office opportunities, as determined by the position and job duties
Cigna and Kaiser options - available by region
Cigna Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Cigna medical plan
Company-paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
Voluntary benefits include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance
401(k) with a 4% employer match
3 weeks of paid Parental Leave
Sick time- 72 hours frontloaded per calendar year
Vacation time (Flex time), and 13 Paid Holidays
Health Advocate wellness and concierge services
Wellness programs with our benefits providers
Bereavement leave- 5 paid days
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact on the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, and projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Growing Energy Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.