Growing Energy Labs, Inc (Geli) – Technology - Software Operations /
This is a remote position based out of Sydney, Australia - Geli is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA and has a growing Australia team.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
Systems Engineers contribute to the full life cycle of projects, providing input to the design and development process and ensuring successful deployment of complex solar + energy storage control and monitoring systems. They communicate technical concepts internally and externally with sales, software development and project development teams including electrical engineers, IT professionals, project managers, etc. Systems Engineers will assure customer success with Geli software as well as create and enhance core Geli technology. They should have strong problem solving skills and are able to work independently to push tasks to completion.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to assure proper deployment of solar + energy storage projects using proprietary software applications
- Work with internal and external project stakeholders including project managers, owners’ representatives, prime contractors, electrical engineers, battery manufacturers, inverter manufacturers and other vendors to assure successful deployment of solar + storage systems running proprietary software in the field
- Setup, commission and ensure proprietary controls software is operating properly on solar + energy storage projects in the field; including creation and organization of all relevant project documentation
- Monitor and analyze technical and economic performance of solar + energy storage systems after commissioning
- Verify, reproduce and document software bugs and coordinate with development team for resolution
- Troubleshoot production systems running proprietary software if performance issues arise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical or Systems Engineering or other relevant engineering field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable electrical engineering knowledge, preferably power engineering/systems. Must be able to understand and coordinate with engineers using single line diagrams and other standard practices
- Knowledge of transport protocols such as: Modbus, CANbus, TCP/IP, etc.
- IT and basic network skills, focusing on basic Linux CLI and SSH skills
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing support to team members, and establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with coworkers across functional areas
- Interest in Cleantech, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Grid, renewable energy, and energy storage
- An understanding of electrical grid & smart grid concepts, utility rate structures, and wholesale energy markets
- Experience with control systems, SCADA, instrumentation and systems integration.
- Technical experience and general knowledge of the energy industry especially solar, microgrid, and energy storage sectors
- Project management and customer facing coordination
- Familiarity with configuration management tools like Ansible, Linux package managers
- Familiarity with using Python for Data Analytics
- Software and Network Security
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact to the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.