Business Development Manager
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc - Residential – Energy Storage & Services /
The Business Development Manager will lead the expansion of our residential energy storage system and energy service. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies to drive sales and revenue growth, expand our customer base, and increase brand awareness in the residential solutions market. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the solar industry and a proven track record of success in sales, marketing, and business development.
- Develop residential PV installers for Qcells’ energy storage system and energy service in the Texas market.
- Drive demand pull-through from the partner level (installers/dealers/system integrators).
- Assess the partner’s business and jointly develop successful strategies to incorporate and sell Qcells’ energy storage system and energy service in a way that positively impacts all aspects of the partner’s P&L.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to contract negotiation and closing, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention.
- Drive Qcells’ revenue and market share at partner accounts including but not limited to negotiating supply agreements, providing product training, assisting in the development of co-marketing/demand generation campaigns, introducing new products, and managing day-to-day business issues.
- Manage a portfolio of installer partners to achieve revenue and share objectives, while acquiring new customers and fully understanding installer partners’ sales pipeline backlog, installation rate, conversion rate, cancellation rate, etc.
- Leverage distribution relationships and work closely with the distribution sales team on joint sales efforts at the installer level.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, finance, and engineering, to ensure timely and effective delivery of solutions to customers.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly regional and account forecasts.
- Monitor and report on sales and revenue performance, providing regular updates to senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as business, marketing, and/or finance preferred.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, innovative strategic thinker with a passion for driving results, and a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B experience in sales or business development, with a proven track record of success in the solar industry.
- Strong knowledge of the residential inverter and battery market and the ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities.
- Proven territory planning and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze market trends and customer needs to develop innovative solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 50% or as required across the country.
- While this is a remote position, the candidate must reside in Texas for client-facing responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion for the energy industry and willingness to learn and adapt in this rapidly growing industry.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.