Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Growing Energy Labs, Inc (Geli) – Technology - Software Development /
This is a San Francisco based position that is currently remote and will have a hybrid schedule once we return to office. We are open to candidates willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
ABOUT THE JOB
Geli is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) who wants to join in our journey toward excellence and sustainability. You will be part of an agile team where your contribution will accelerate the deployment of renewable energy and energy storage systems. Geli software development maintains the atmosphere of a startup within the framework of a Global Fortune 500 company.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on our product. We are looking for new team members to shape the future – of our products and our world.
- In this role you will be responsible for manual testing and test automation for a variety of features, as well as end-to-end flow validation. You will be working with team members from Product, UX Design, Software Development and Data Science.
- You will report to the QA team lead. The QAE position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of web application testing and automation experience
- Proficiency in Java/ Python/ Ruby or any other programming/scripting language
- Experience in REST API testing and back-end testing
- Experience in using SQL knowledge to write complex queries to validate data in databases
- Experience in CI/ CD setup, preferably with Jenkins
- Experience in version control tools like GIT, Github, Bitbucket, SVN, etc.
- Working knowledge of the components and basics of AWS
- Good knowledge of UNIX variants like LINUX (hosted on cloud)
- Strong knowledge and experience with QA methodologies, processes, tools and the Software Release Cycle
- Hands-on working experience with defect tracking tools like Bugzilla and JIRA
- Ability to understand technical specifications
- Expert in methodically developing use-cases and test cases
- Ability to identify root cause(s) through troubleshooting
- Expert at highlighting visibility for blocker/critical issues
- Should be able to work independently with remote support
- Systematic approach to the QA process augmented with detailed documentation
- Team player with great collaborative and communication skills
- Desire to learn, grow into and own your position
- Candidates with knowledge of the energy domain, IOT and/or regulated utility markets are strongly preferred
- Advantageous to have: the ability to design and develop test automation frameworks from scratch
- Advantageous to have: the ability to execute both functionality and non-functionality testing
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Conveniently accessible location in downtown San Francisco
Flexible work-from-home-office opportunities, as determined by the position and job duties
Cigna and Kaiser options - available by region
Cigna Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Cigna medical plan
Company-paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
Voluntary benefits include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance
401(k) with a 4% employer match
3 weeks of paid Parental Leave
Sick time- 72 hours frontloaded per calendar year
Vacation time (Flex time), and 13 Paid Holidays
Health Advocate wellness and concierge services
Wellness programs with our benefits providers
Bereavement leave- 5 paid days
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact on the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, and projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Growing Energy Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.