EPC Sales Manager
New York, NY /
Hanwha Qcells Enable – EPC Sales /
EPC Sales Manager
Q CELLS Enable is the C&I (Commercial and Industrial) EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) arm of Qcells which is the market leading PV and battery solution provider in US and Global market. We are based in NYC and quickly expanding our footprint to all neighboring states in Northeast.
The EPC Sales Manager is accountable for selling Qcells‘ Solar and/or Battery EPC(Engineering, Procurement and Construction) services to the clients who are developers, facility owners or other business partners. Typical project size of the company’s EPC services is 1MWdc - 20MWdc.
The EPC Sales Manager will have the base salary plus the commission arrangement with the company based on the contract amount and margin which can be up to 200% of the base salary.
The successful candidate should possess a proven track record of B2B sales within the solar industry or construction industry. Existing relationships with potential clients are a strong plus.
Strong organizational, prioritization, written and verbal communication skills, CRM and overall computer proficiency, negotiation and analytical skills, and a strong work ethic will also be important for this role. Willingness to learn and take challenges on headfirst in a dynamic fast paced environment will make the candidate successful.
This position will report to the head of EPC sales. This position will be located in NYC office (Manhattan) or NJ office (Bergen County) with the consideration of the candidates’ accessibility. Ideal candidates will be within commutable distance of these locations, but a flexible or hybrid working option is open.
Compensation: Base Salary ($90,000~$120,000/year) + commission
- Responsible for the entire sales process from the origination of opportunities to the contract with the cooperation with the related internal counterparts such as proposal, engineering, pro-ject management and construction.
- Build the strong networks with the clients, and originate EPC sales pipeline.
- Possesses and cultivates long-term relationships with key management personnel within the clients and partners.
- Develops and executes strategic account plans to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Develops effective differentiators and negotiation strategies and understands all key commercial and legal issues.
- Proactively cooperate with other product sales managers under broader Qcells to create synergies and to prevent conflicts.
- Understand and update the own sales pipeline status and create the monthly forecast of yearly order intakes.
- Analyzes and interprets Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and Requests for Proposal (RFPs); Establishes deliverable matrix and development schedule
- Generate the winning strategy equipped with proper intelligence from the client, competitors and market.
- Must be able to work with confidential information and ensure the security of this information
- Perform other duties and special projects, as reasonably assigned by supervisor, project manager, and/or group unit.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Technical discipline or Business Administration is a plus;
- Minimum of 4+ years‘ experience of sales/business development in C&I or utility solar industry or construction industry; C&I solar EPC experience is a plus;
- A proven track record of successful sales including but not limited to managing multiple accounts and projects, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines simultaneously ;
- Solar industry experience;
- Computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Possess strong interpersonal, analytical, solutions-building, time management, and organizational skills;
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company; and
- Team player and a willingness to learn;
- Deadline-oriented with an ability to prioritize tasks;
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing 20% of time
Sitting 70% of time
Walking 10% of time
Pulling up to 10 Pounds
Pushing up to 10 Pounds
Carrying up to 10 Pounds
Lifting up to 10 Pounds
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular ba-sis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.