Assistant Project Manager
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp – PM/CM /
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Assistant Project Manager will provide support for construction projects that are based in the US and will work closely with the Project Managers. This position reports to the Senior Director of Project Management and Construction and other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.
This position requires travel domestically including flexibility to support travel for multiple projects in various geographical regions, focusing primarily and expected to travel at least 35% of the year. This position is hybrid based – it will report both to the Irvine, CA office and your home office.
- Assist Project Manager with overall responsibility for all stages of photovoltaic construction projects in tens to hundreds of millions of dollars;
- Work with Project Manager to develop and review project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers;
- Aide in the management and organization of information flow between project site and office teams;
- Support the day-to-day Project Managers’ oversight of all parties involved (internal and external) and assist Project Manager in ensuring professional project management from system design through construction phase and handoff to the operations and maintenance team;
- Travel to project and client work sites to assist the team to work together in an international team of specialists and actively participate in developing project standards; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in engineering, or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years of construction and/or project management experience
- Experience supporting the completion of large scale projects, in particularly construction and/or solar PV projects
- Willing and able to travel domestically
- Experience working with teams on multi-million dollar projects
- Appropriate leadership experience
- Assertive, able to cope with a dynamic surrounding, a team player
- Demonstrated successful involvement in development, planning, installation, and execution of complex projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
$90,000 - $110,000 a year
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.