Associate Manager, Procurement (Special Projects)
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp – Procurement /
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Associate Manager, Procurement (Special Projects) is responsible for leading efforts to establish the systems and processes for the Procurement organization. This key role will work with key leaders within the Procurement organization to align processes across the various scopes within the team major equipment, subcontracting and project services. This role will function in large part as an internal consultant – supporting the project-focused teams by ensuring that the tools, systems, and processes that make them successful are defined, documented, communicated, and used by the team. In addition to supporting the Procurement team this role will interface with other key functional groups including Engineering, Construction and Project Management to align processes that receive inputs or deliver outputs to these other groups. May be assigned other tasks as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Procurement, or another member of the Procurement team that the Vice President of Procurement may designate. This position can be remote with a preference for candidates on Pacific and Mountain time zones or based in the Irvine, CA office. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position may be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize processes for the Procurement team including major equipment purchasing, subcontracting and project services
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify current challenges, obstacles and roadblocks to success and then develop and execute a plan of action to address these challenges with systems, tools and processes that are repeatable and efficient.
- Collect, analyze and use data and key metrics to inform process improvement opportunities and identify key areas of focus
- Lead process improvement events for near-term wins as well as longer-term strategic initiatives
- Advocate for change and process improvement within the team and broader organization
- Create, track and analyze key metrics that indicate overall performance of the Procurement team and provide updates to leadership teams
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Management
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Procurement
- Preference for experience in solar and/or renewable energy with projects of at least 50MW in size
- Skilled at working with various functional groups, building relationships with key stakeholders and advocating for change
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and in support of project schedules and other deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident communicator with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy with an advance knowledge on Microsoft office including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Visio experience a plus
- Understanding and working proficiency with Procore - construction management software systems
- SAP/ERP Experience preferred
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problems that arise in timely manner
$110,000 - $125,000 a year
SALARY RANGE FOR POSITION
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.