Senior Development Engineer
New York, NY /
Hanwha Qcells Enable – Engineering /
Q CELLS Enable is the EPC arm of Qcells serving the C&I market. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our NYC headquarters.
The Sr. Development Engineer will serve as lead technical resource on all new business development. Sr. Development Engineer will be responsible for taking new portfolios of projects from clients and seeing these projects through signing of EPC agreement.
This position reports to the Head of Proposal Department. The office is located in NYC or in our Bergen County, NJ office. The ideal candidate will be within commutable distance of this location. This position is required to travel at least 15% of the time.
- Oversee the presales design process, customer deliverables, and design tools to meet shifting customer needs while maintaining SLAs.
- Develop strategy for entering new markets and lead due diligence efforts in rebate programs, utility requirements, labor and licensing requirements, market conditions.
- Develop detailed scope of work documents to provide subcontractors for various scopes of work (civil site prep, mechanical racking installation, medium voltage electrical construction, etc.).
- Work with legal counsel to develop different boiler plate EPC agreements based on industry standards and incorporating feedback from clients.
- Maintain pricing database, regularly update indicative pricing tool to match market trends and industry headwinds.
- Provide operations and procurement management monthly forecasting for equipment and labor needs.
- Attend contract negotiations to provide expertise and walk clients through the technical components of proposal.
- Stay apprised of latest industry trends and technology to refine product offerings and identify new target markets.
- Engineering degree or commensurate experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of commercial PV design, project management or estimating.
- Familiarity with C&I EPC contract structure and industry standards.
- Strong understanding C&I solar installation process, construction schedule, and testing/commissioning requirements.
- Experience with PV Design suite: Helioscope, PVSyst, PVCase, and AutoCAD.
- Organized, detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Extensive experience with presales design process of indicative pricing, layouts, and performance modeling.
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Master’s degree in engineering, construction management, energy policy.
- NABCEP Certification.
- Experience with negotiating EPC contracts and installation subcontracts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- medical, vision, and dental coverage starts day one, no waiting period
- 401k company match
- PTO + Sick Days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Standing 10% of time
- Sitting 80% of time
- Walking 10% of time
- Pulling up to 10 Pounds
- Pushing up to 10 Pounds
- Carrying up to 10 Pounds
- Lifting up to 10 Pounds
- Typing F
- Handling F
- Reaching F
- Turning F
- Twisting F
- Bending O
- Crouching O
- Balancing N
- Climbing N
- Crawling N
- Kneeling N
- Regular professional, office business setting.
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day.
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk.
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situation.
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far.
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors.
- Travel: review above travel requirement for this position.
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.