Product Manager - Storage Modeling
San Francisco, CA /
Growing Energy Labs, Inc (Geli) – Technology - Product /
This is a San Francisco based position that is currently remote and will have a hybrid schedule once we return to office. We are open to candidates willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Product Manager - Storage Modeling is responsible for definition of GELI’s system design platform for Residential & Commercial storage and PV + Storage applications - ESyst. This position supports the development of a hardware agnostic software platform that enables savings & revenue analysis for investment-grade energy storage projects for individual sites & large portfolios.
This position will work closely with GELI’s software engineering & operations team as well as support external stakeholders in Residential, Distributed Energy & Solution Sales team. This is a high-visibility, high-impact position. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with demonstrated success in a consulting/advisory role for cross-functional teams.
- Conduct market research and gather feedback from customers to identify customer needs and pain points.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure product goals are aligned with business objectives.
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap and strategy, including prioritizing features and enhancements.
- Define detailed features and functions for ESyst including bill savings, incentive programs, resiliency & demand response applications in various markets.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure product requirements are clearly defined and documented.
- Define and track key product metrics and use data to make informed decisions about the product.
- Manage the product launch process, including developing launch plans, coordinating with stakeholders, and measuring launch success.
- Continuously monitor the competitive landscape and identify opportunities for differentiation and growth.
- Serve as a product expert and evangelist, including conducting customer demos and presenting at industry events.
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering, computer science, renewable/ sustainable energy, MBA, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with a track record of successfully launching and growing software products.
- Experience with PV/ Energy storage design software or a related field strongly preferred
- Experience working in energy storage and solar industry, especially behind-the-meter energy storage and solar projects
- Knowledge of utilizing energy storage for bill management, utility DER programs participation
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to inform product decisions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with workflow tools like JIRA, Agile Development methods, Confluence and Aha!
- Demonstrated experience bringing successful products to the market in Solar, Wind and/or Energy Storage
- Passionate about solving customers’ problems and focused on product value to the customer
- Focused on the ‘why’ and ‘what’ of the products and be comfortable letting the Engineering team figure out how to deliver features
- Self-starter and self-motivated leader working with a cross-functional team
- Ideally have read:
- Understands the value of hypotheses, experimentation, and learning.
- Leadership by example
- Strong work & teamwork ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment focused on innovation and professional growth.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Conveniently accessible location in downtown San Francisco
Flexible work-from-home-office opportunities, as determined by the position and job duties
Cigna and Kaiser options - available by region
Cigna Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Cigna medical plan
Company-paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
Voluntary benefits include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance
401(k) with a 4% employer match
3 weeks of paid Parental Leave
Sick time- 72 hours frontloaded per calendar year
Vacation time (Flex time), and 13 Paid Holidays
Health Advocate wellness and concierge services
Wellness programs with our benefits providers
Bereavement leave- 5 paid days
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact on the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, and projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Growing Energy Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.