Java Full Stack Developer
Quantum Mob is a Toronto-based digital innovation partner that helps ambitious companies build successful digital products. We provide custom solutions to the complex problems facing our clients, which range from innovative early-stage startups to elite Fortune 500 companies.
What You’ll Do
- You will be designing and developing various solutions for our customers and your average day will vary but will likely include:
- Working with our team and customers
- Application and infrastructure design from concept through development and implementation
- Interfacing with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner & other developers on the team
- Ensuring that the code you’ve written functions as designed by creating automated unit and integration tests, which execute in our continuous delivery pipeline
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of strong design and development skills
- Experience in programming with Java, Spring framework and Microservices with demonstrated ability to pick up new programming languages a big plus
- Design experience of SQL and NoSQL database
- Skilled in building scalable RESTful and SOAP web services
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Hands on knowledge of source control (GIT)
- Familiarity with Devops, build automation (Jenkis), and CI/CD (Docker) usage consider an asset
Who You Are
- Demonstrate ability for attention to detail and passion for high quality software
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross functional stakeholders such as designers, product owners & customers to gather requirements and turn that into working code
- Love being part of a strong team and can actively provide and receive feedback in code reviews, design reviews and other technical discussions
- Have good understanding of Agile practices and experience working in Scrum/Kanban teams
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits We Offer
- Generous Vacation Policy including an additional paid Holiday week at the end of the calendar year
- Extended Health Benefits including life, medical, vision and dental; virtual consultations and family assistance program
- Lots of opportunities for learning & development
- Quarterly staff events and bi-weekly team socials
- When in office: Dog friendly workplace, snacks, games, quiet spaces, and lots of coffee!
If your interest is piqued, please apply. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
Hungry for more? Let's talk.
Quantum Mob is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer. As such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process.
At Quantum Mob, we are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.