Software Engineering Manager
Quantum Mob is a Toronto-based digital innovation partner that helps ambitious companies build successful digital products. We provide custom solutions to the complex problems facing our clients, which range from innovative early-stage startups to elite Fortune 500 companies.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of developers (including hiring, technical mentorship, performance reviews, weekly 1:1s, etc) and own the technical roadmap for the team
- Be an advocate for process improvements and promote best practices around front and back-end technologies, scrum/agile process, testing, and code review practices
- Lead implementation of projects, including architecture, testing, team coordination, code reviews, QA and maintenance
- Lead oversight and discussions around design, coding, testing, debugging, configuration and documenting of code
What You'll Bring
- Technical leadership experience managing and growing a high-performing team
- Strong technical background in full stack development (4+ years)
- Previously worked on multiple React projects or similar framework (Angular or Vue.js)
- Ability to move from Front-end to Back-end using Node or Java or C#
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex architectural problems, think about tradeoffs and systems design
- Strong track record of both management and technical leadership and driving results from your team
- Working on a team with a mature scrum/agile process
- Deep understanding of each of the parts that make up a modern web application (APIs, templating, routing, data storage, design patterns, optimization, caching, security)
- Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL databases
- Prior experience in our stack (React.js, Node.js, MySQL, Typescript) preferred
Who You Are
- Motivated self-starter who is dedicated to building scalable software products that users love
- Enjoys working with and empowering those around you
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, enjoys asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- High-reaching, results-focused, and metrics-drivenTakes initiative and loves solving big problems
Perks and Benefits We Offer
- Generous Vacation Policy including an additional paid Holiday week at the end of the calendar year
- Extended Health Benefits though GroupSource which includes virtual consultations (Akira) and an Employee/Family Assistance Program (Lifeworks) free for anyone in your home to use!
- Lots of opportunities for learning & development
- Quarterly staff events and bi-weekly team socials
- When in office: Dog friendly workplace, snacks, games, quiet spaces, and lots of coffee!
If your interest is piqued, please apply. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
Hungry for more? Let's talk.
Quantum Mob is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer. As such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process.
At Quantum Mob, we are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.