Java Full Stack Developer
Quantum Mob is a Toronto-based digital innovation partner that provides custom tailored solutions by solving complex enterprise business problems with digital solutions. Our world-class team has helped clients launch, scale and transform with work that has been used by millions of people in over 150 countries worldwide. Our clients include cutting-edge early-stage startups to elite Fortune 500.
As we continue our story of growth, we need to expand our Engineering team with Java Full Stack Developers who want to stay ahead of the curve, love a good challenge, are keen on learning, and thrive in collaborative environments.
What You’ll Do
- You will be designing and developing various solutions for our customers and your average day will vary but will likely include:
- Working with our team and customers
- Application and infrastructure design from concept through development and implementation
- Interfacing with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner & other developers on the team
- Ensuring that the code you’ve written functions as designed by creating automated unit and integration tests, which execute in our continuous delivery pipeline
What You’ll Need
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of strong design and development skills
- Experience in programming with Java, Spring framework and Microservices with demonstrated ability to pick up new programming languages a big plus
- Design experience of SQL and NoSQL database
- Skilled in building scalable RESTful and SOAP web services
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Hands on knowledge of source control (GIT)
- Familiarity with Devops, build automation (Jenkis), and CI/CD (Docker) usage consider an asset
Who You Are
- Demonstrate ability for attention to detail and passion for high quality software
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross functional stakeholders such as designers, product owners & customers to gather requirements and turn that into working code
- Love being part of a strong team and can actively provide and receive feedback in code reviews, design reviews and other technical discussions
- Have good understanding of Agile practices and experience working in Scrum/Kanban teams
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits We Offer
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health & Wellness programs
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Monthly socials & team outing
- Dog friendly office environment
We have an exciting roster of clients in clean energy, loyalty marketing, real estate, hardware, and more!
We're a young group of experienced designers and software developers. We love our fun team and we love what we create together.
We build beautiful, solid mobile and web apps.
We kick ass, hang out, and learn together.
Hungry for more? Let's talk.
Quantum Mob is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer. As such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process.
At Quantum Mob, we are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.