Software Engineering Manager
At Quantum Mob, we help ambitious companies build successful digital products. We are a Toronto-based digital innovation partner that provides custom tailored solutions by solving complex enterprise business problems with digital solutions. Our world-class team has helped clients launch, scale and transform with work that has been used by millions of people in over 150 countries worldwide. Our clients include cutting-edge early-stage startups to elite Fortune 500.
As we continue our story of growth, we need to expand our team with an Engineering Manager who wants to stay ahead of the curve, love a good challenge, are keen on learning, and thrive in collaborative environments. This is an exciting, hands-on position with a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to flourish in a leadership role.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of developers (including hiring, technical mentorship, performance reviews, weekly 1:1s, etc) and own the technical roadmap for the team
- Be an advocate for process improvements and promote best practices around front and back-end technologies, scrum/agile process, testing, and code review practices
- Lead implementation of projects, including architecture, testing, team coordination, code reviews, QA and maintenance
- Lead oversight and discussions around design, coding, testing, debugging, configuration and documenting of code
What You'll Need
- Technical leadership experience managing and growing a high-performing team
- Strong technical background in full stack development (4+ years)
- Previously worked on multiple React projects or similar framework (Angular or Vue.js)
- Ability to move from Front-end to Back-end using Node or Java or C#
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex architectural problems, think about tradeoffs and systems design
- Strong track record of both management and technical leadership and driving results from your team
- Working on a team with a mature scrum/agile process
- Deep understanding of each of the parts that make up a modern web application (APIs, templating, routing, data storage, design patterns, optimization, caching, security)
- Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL databases
- Prior experience in our stack (React.js, Node.js, MySQL, Typescript) preferred
Who You Are
- Motivated self-starter who is dedicated to building scalable software products that users love
- Enjoys working with and empowering those around you
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, enjoys asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- High-reaching, results-focused, and metrics-drivenTakes initiative and loves solving big problems
Perks and Benefits We Offer
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health & Wellness programs
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Monthly socials & team outing
- Dog friendly office environment
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
We have an exciting roster of clients in clean energy, loyalty marketing, real estate, hardware, and more!
We're a young group of experienced designers and software developers. We love our fun team and we love what we create together.
We build beautiful, solid mobile and web apps.
We kick ass, hang out, and learn together.
Hungry for more? Let's talk.
Quantum Mob is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer. As such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process.
At Quantum Mob, we are dedicated to creating an inclusive culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.