Data Scientist, Sr.
Engineering – Data Science /
Qntfy is looking for an experienced and motivated data scientist to join our research and development team. Qntfy is a small (but growing) company offering a diverse array of products and services. As a result, data scientists at Qntfy tend to wear a greater number of hats than they might at larger organizations. This can range from occasionally interfacing directly with customers in a consultative role to preparing papers and presentations for academic journals or conferences (see here to get a sense of our recent work).
We recognize that “data science” is a broad term, and that highly qualified data scientists come from a wide variety of backgrounds and career trajectories. As such, we do not have a rigid checklist of qualifications, but we do expect successful candidates to be able to demonstrate extensive experience with most of the qualifications below. Similarly, we do not have strict educational requirements for data scientists, but of course advanced degrees in quantitative disciplines (broadly construed) are viewed favorably. Our current team of data scientists have backgrounds in bioengineering, cognitive science, psychology, neuroscience, political science, and chemistry.
- Prototype machine learning models of natural language and human behavioral data.
- Conduct bespoke analyses using inferential statistics for internal and external clients.
- Work directly with Qntfy engineers to add data science features to our products.
- Communicate with peers, customers, and partners to foster cooperation and development.
- Effectively estimate time to implement designs.
- Common machine learning algorithms and/or advanced inferential statistical techniques.
- Standard Python data science tools (e.g., Pandas, scikit-learn; some of us have a soft spot for R and use it occasionally, but we expect data scientists to largely adhere to a Python-based ecosystem).
- Common flavors of SQL and SQL databases.
- Linux operating systems.
- Analysis of natural language data.
- Experience with dialogue systems, reinforcement learning, information extraction, and/or information retrieval.
- Basic project management tools and processes.
- Communicating the results of quantitative work, orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks.
- Experience with technologies from the following list: Kafka, Docker, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Go.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, behavioral science, data science automation, and/or working in an R&D setting.
Qntfy is committed to fostering and supporting a creative and diverse environment. Qntfy is an equal opportunity employer, and as such will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
U.S. Citizenship Required