Paris, France /
Data – Data & Fraud /
Our mission is to create the finance solution all businesses love through technology, elegant design, and an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto, we believe that great services come from great thinkers, that’s why we strive to provide an environment that will allow you to feel comfortable and help you excel in your work. Check this video to have a preview of our method: The Qonto Way
Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017, and the team reached great achievements since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- 150,000 SME clients
- €136 million raised
- International investors with a solid fintech experience
- Qonto is part of the #Next40 index for 2021
- And 300+ happy Qontoers helping us building the finance solution of our dreams (just that!)
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges no matter what
- Teamwork | We create magic by collaborating at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning and by facing challenges humbly every day
- Integrity | We are transparent and trustworthy with our clients and each other
Since last year's fundraising, Qonto significantly raised its ambition in terms of data. This resulted in the creation of a Data Department, handling Data Analysis, Engineering and Science, under a freshly hired VP Data. The data department grew from 5 to 15 people in less than a year (and we're still hiring)!
Data Engineering is the cornerstone of our data strategy. As a Data Ops, you will join a team of 6 talented data engineers and bring your ops expertise to allow Qonto to meet its ambitious goals. The stack is efficient but still young: you will really be able to shape it with the team.
🚧Examples of projects to come
• Redesign the monitoring (technical and functional) of our data stack (ETL, but also services)
• Help design and implement the next improvements of our GDPR architecture.
• Terraform our ETL (or any other tool to have an infra as code).
• Design the best way to have a stagging environment useful for the data
• Push the company towards event driven
• Work with the Data Science and the Data Engineering teams on the design of our future Machine Learning stack.
👩💻🧑💻As a Data Ops at Qonto, you will
• Be multifaceted: Our team and our stack are young, you will be able to touch many aspects of our stack from ops to engineering
• Make technical choices: At Qonto we push team members to make architectural decisions (and not only the manager). On top of that, your role is critical to set the standards for the data engineering team.
• Be owner of the platform’s reliability, efficiency and scalability.
• Bring the tools to support teams: Data engineering is not just about pipelines. You will help your colleagues to be more efficient by developing tools and features that reduce toil.
• Be a strong partner of the SRE team, in charge of the back-end, front-end, and mobile in order to spread their innovations and good practices.
• Experience: You have 4+ years of experience in Data Engineering / Data ops and at least 2 years in Data Ops.
• Mastery: You have knowledge in Data Engineering ecosystem concepts and technologies (Python, AWS, Airflow, Kafka or similar technologies) but also linked to ops/devpos (CI-CD, Terraform, Ansible, AWS/GCP/Azure tooling or similar technologies and concepts)
• Problem Solver: You know how to overcome challenges with solutions that scale, without over-engineering.
• Vision: You know how to take a step back and think about the bigger picture. You are able to then challenge the needs without creating friction.
• Team Player: You have good communication skills and know how to interact with non-technical colleagues
• Languages: You speak English, French is a strong plus
You got it: helping you succeed is our #1 priority. We have put together several perks to make your life easier and more will be added as Qonto grows further 🤗
• Office & Team Life
- 3,200 sqm fully-renovated building near Opera with WeWork services
- Monthly team events, and yearly offsite (Barcelona, Sicily… what’s next?)
- Free coffee, snacks in the kitchen and a budget allocated to managers for small team events
- The latest in Apple’s equipment
• Qonto’s benefits
- Tailor-made Remote Policy: from 2 days per week to full remote. This aspect will be discussed during the hiring process and with your potential Manager.
- A competitive salary package (healthcare, commute...)
- 5 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- A Swile Card that you can use for lunch
- Access to thousands of gyms and activities for 10-30€ a month, through our partnership with Gymlib
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 25+ nationalities based in Paris!)
- Special parenthood policy (we are part of the Parental Act program)
- Career tracks that can match all expectations (Expert, Lead, or Manager tracks): we believe in our Qontoers and we want them to progress on their journey at Qonto. And in addition, internal and international mobility is also promoted
💪 How we have adapted our hiring process during the Coronavirus crisis:
Is Qonto still recruiting? ✅
There are so many questions you may be asking yourself. The current public health crisis may have you doubting whether you should even be applying right now.
We strive to be the finance solution all businesses love. To continue to reach this goal, we need to hire talent more than ever. That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates!
We are lucky to have digital tools to help us continue to live and work as best we can despite everything going on.
Here is what you can expect from our adapted recruitment process:
- A 60 min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
- A 60 min video-call with Pierre, our VP Data, to create a strong alignment on what he'll expect from you, and tell you more about his way to operate
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills, followed by a debrief with a member of the team
- A video-call with future team members to help you project yourself in the company
- A final video-call with Aymeric, our CTO
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering to join Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!