Frontend Team Manager (hybrid or full remote)
Paris / Barcelona / Milan
Tech & Data – Web /
Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 450,000 customers. Thanks to our wonderful team of 1,400+ Qontoers, we also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do
Ownership | Own your part, get things done
Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
Mastery | Continuously raise the bar
Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 50% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're living in (or willing to relocate to) either Germany, France, Italy, Serbia or Spain.
⭐ Your missions
Join us as a Frontend Team Manager and help us craft beautiful web interfaces serving the business needs of our 400,000 customers. You will be part of a team of 70 Frontend engineers and managers shaping the financial app that will be used by one million SMEs by 2025.
As a Frontend Team Manager, your team will be composed of 4 to 8 Frontend Engineers (individual contributors) working closely with Product, Backend and Mobile engineers within feature teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Manage a team of 4 to 8 Frontend Engineers
• Foster the professional and technical growth of your teammates through mentorship, pairing, and delegation
• Provide regular feedback to your team members through 1-on-1s and regular progress reviews
• Build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture
• Conduct interviews to hire new team members
• Drive the delivery of your Frontend team to ensure that quality is shipped on time on well-scoped projects in order to meet business objectives
• Establish and use engineering best practices to ensure high quality
• Contribute to improving the Web team’s overall operating system
You will also contribute to making Qonto shine by writing blog articles or speaking at events.
Writing code won’t be central to your job, but you will be able to make time for it if you are well-organized, and you will routinely read code as part of your role.
🤔 What you can expect
We value the analysis phase of software delivery. We're putting a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, code reviews, and smart slicing. You can expect to focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
We think success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and autonomy to improve yourself, our systems and our processes.
Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, focus on one feature at a time.
Together with your team members, you will have autonomy to improve the team’s operating system. You can learn more about the team’s culture of continuous improvement in this article by Florian, Director of Web.
We accelerate growth using structured tools inspired by Lean management. You will be immersed in this culture and practice of continuous learning, which we call the Qonto Way.
🤝 Your future team
You will be part of a team with high standards of performance, as illustrated in this other article by Florian. We strive for excellence in management: we developed a comprehensive management training program from scratch in only five weeks. This program is now used by several Tech teams to fast-track engineers to a Lead’s position.
At Qonto, we value diversity and we are proud to have 30% of women within our Web team. We also have 33% women in the Web managers group.
• Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
• Continuous improvement mindset: you put energy into getting better at your craft every day.
• Structured reasoning: you express your thoughts in an organized, concise and precise manner. You can explain and illustrate complex ideas, both in speaking and in writing.
• Team player: you treat your colleagues as if they were customers. You provide them with the highest standard of quality and you expect the same from them. You have a positive impact on others and you act in ways that benefit the team.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive disability, and parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average, our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.