Frontend Lead (Remote friendly & Full remote)
Tech & Data – Web /
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. In the summer of 2022, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're living in (or willing to relocate to) either Germany, France, Italy, Serbia or Spain.
⭐ Your missions
Join us as a Frontend Lead and help us craft beautiful web interfaces serving the business needs of our 400,000 customers. You will be part of a team of 65 engineers and managers shaping the financial app that will be used by one million SMEs by 2025.
As a Frontend Lead, you will act as the manager of a team of Frontend engineers. Your team, composed of four to eight individual contributors, will be working with Product, Backend and Mobile within feature teams. More specifically, you will:
1. grow each team member individually, building up on their motivations, natural strengths and skills,
2. nurture the collective spirit of your team, creating a strong group of professionals aligned on ambitious goals.
3. visualize and optimize your team’s delivery, offering support where needed thanks to your own technical expertise,
You will also contribute to the team’s hiring and you will make Qonto shine by writing blog articles or speaking at events. Writing code won’t be central to your job, but you will be able to make time for it if you are well-organized, and you will routinely read code as part of your role.
🤔 What you can expect
• We have a strong focus on quality. All technical designs are reviewed and challenged by peers before their implementation. We have a zero-QA-return objective and we achieved a 39% decrease in QA returns on new features in H1 ‘23 vs. H2 ‘22.
• Together with your team members, you will have autonomy to improve the team’s operating system. You can learn more about the team’s culture of continuous improvement in this article by Florian, Director of Web.
• We accelerate growth using structured tools inspired by Lean management. You will be immersed in this culture and practice of continuous learning, which we call the Qonto Way.
Hear it from Anastasia, who joined the team as an engineer and who was promoted to Lead in July 2023:
"I had a friend who was a happy user of Qonto. While looking for my next mission, I discovered that engineers at Qonto are actively engaged in the product creation process, and that’s exactly was I was looking for. Seeing in the job description how Qonto cares about continuous learning, diversity and maintaining agility solidified my decision. I’ve applied immediately and never looked back!”
“Every team member has a voice and the freedom to challenge decisions. I love our commitment to striving for excellence. To achieve more, we get dedicated time for various improvements and trainings.”
🤝 Your future team
You will be part of a team with high standards of performance, as illustrated in this article by Florian, our Director of Web. We strive for excellence in management: we developed a comprehensive management training program from scratch in only three months. This program is now used by several Tech teams to fast-track engineers to a Lead’s position.
At Qonto, we value diversity and we are proud to have 30% of women within our Web team. We also have 33% women in the Web managers group.
2.Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
3. Continuous improvement mindset: you put energy into getting better at your craft every day.
4. Structured reasoning: you express your thoughts in an organized, concise and precise manner. You can explain and illustrate complex ideas, both in speaking and in writing.
5. Team player: you treat your colleagues as if they were customers. You provide them with the highest standard of quality and you expect the same from them. You have a positive impact on others and you act in ways that benefit the team.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.