Fullstack Engineer (Ruby on Rails) - remote friendly
Growth, Sales, Marketing & Communication – Revenue Growth /
Our mission? To create the finance solution all businesses love. Our means? Technology, elegant design, and an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto, we believe that great service comes from great thinkers. That’s why we strive to provide a comfortable environment that allows you to excel in your work. Check out this video to learn about our working ethos: The Qonto Way
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- €622 million raised so far
- International investors with solid fintech experience
- Qonto is part of the #Next40 index for 2021
- And 500+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
- Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
- Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
As part of the Growth Operations Team, our Fullstack Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and executing new code production for client acquisition.
As part of our hyper-growth mission, our Growth engineering team led by Sebastien (Lead Growth Engineer), partners mainly with the Acquisition team to execute changes that drive new acquisition and revenue growth. Our website registers more than 1 million sessions each month and we are always looking to constantly improve every part of our customer journey.
👩💻🧑💻As a Fullstack Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Coordinate and prioritize technical requests: With the Head of User Acquisition, you will be responsible to bring your full-stack technical expertise to give an estimated development time for each request in order to prioritize then and build a realistic roadmap.
• Implement our new features: Develop in Ruby and apply to practices of "clean code" (from readability to design patterns and code organization)
• Improve the stack: From DevOps topics to the choice of new technologies
• Optimize our website in terms of conversion: You will partner with the Head of User Acquisition and the Conversion Manager to optimize our website performance through AB testing, visitor experience personalization, and side marketing projects like our demo.
• Minimize bugs and technical debt: ensure the quality and security of the codebase
• Share knowledge: Train and coach other developers on your key skillset
• Tracking code on our website and for affiliate partners: You will be responsible for all the tracking codes on our website and for all different affiliate partners on our onboarding funnel. You will work with the Head of User Acquisition to define the right one.
🤔 What you can expect
• A human-centric company with priority given to the responsibilities of the employees
• A comprehensive view of our business and the ability to work on multiple projects, tools & environments
• A small close-knit team to share and improve your skills
• A feeling of responsibility, with direct work & feedback from our team and customers
• A clean development environment, with great quality, maintainable code and strong coding guidelines
• A fast-growing international scale-up present in Germany, Italy, Spain and France
• Experience: You have 2+ years of professional experience in a full-stack engineering position with Ruby on Rails.
• Business-oriented: Despite your main focus on the technical part, you are able to keep in mind that your first objective is to improve the business KPIs and challenge the Acquisition team with their requests.
• Leadership: You are able to define priorities, anticipate resource needs and coach freelancers in order to help the Growth team to reach their objectives.
• Communication: You share & communicate insights in a proper way (dashboards, presentations, etc)
• Team player: You are able to work strategically and collaboratively with other departments like Designers, Acquisition, International Teams, and Tech teams.
• Languages: You are fluent in English. French, Spanish, Italian, or German is a plus.
You got it: helping you succeed is our #1 priority. We have put together several perks to make your life easier and more will be added as Qonto grows further 🤗
• Office & Team Life
- 3,200 sqm fully-renovated building near Opera with WeWork services
- Monthly team events, and yearly offsite (Barcelona, Sicily… what’s next?)
- Free coffee, snacks in the kitchen, and a budget allocated to managers for small team events
- The latest in Apple’s equipment
• Qonto’s benefits
- Tailor-made Remote Policy: from 2 days per week with a bonus of 12 additional days per year to Full remote, with the possibility in both cases to work from anywhere (+/-3 hours) up to 4 weeks per year
- A competitive salary package
- Alan health insurance (60% covered by Qonto for Qontoers and their children)
- 5 to 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- A Swile Card that you can use for lunch
- Access to thousands of gyms and activities for 10-30€ a month, through our partnership with Gymlib
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 40+ nationalities based in Paris!)
- An inclusive environment with a real focus on parity (40% of our teams are women)
- Special parenthood policy (we are part of the Parental Act program)
- Childcare Benefits (reserved day-care places for your little ones) and subsidies/discounts with selected childcare partners
- Access to Moka Care, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
- Career tracks that can match all expectations (Expert or Manager tracks): we believe in our Qontoers and we want them to progress on their journey at Qonto. And in addition, internal and international mobility is also promoted
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!