Frontend Engineer (Remote friendly & full remote)
Tech & Data – Web /
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. In the summer of 2022, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're within a +/- 3 hours CET timezone
⭐ Your missions
As a Frontend Engineer, you will craft the web apps serving the business needs of our 400,000 customers. You will be part of a team of 50 engineers shaping the financial app that will be used by one million SMEs by 2025. Qonto is expanding its Web team to deliver new features at an even faster pace 🚀
As a Frontend Engineer, you will:
1. develop new product features within our web apps, in close collaboration with our Product and Backend teams,
2. improve the quality of our codebase,
3. contribute to the improvement of our production system, notably in terms of tooling and best practices.
You can read the interview of Djamel, one of our former frontend engineers who evolved to a Lead’s role, here.
🤔 What you can expect
• We built our own design system and UI kit from scratch.
• We have a strong focus on quality. All technical designs are reviewed and challenged by peers before their implementation. We have a zero-QA-return objective and we achieved a 39% decrease in QA returns on new features in H1 ‘23 vs. H2 ‘22.
• You will take an active part in designing the new features to be shipped to our customers, both from a technical and a product standpoint. You can learn how in this article by Claire, frontend engineer on the team.
• You will have autonomy to improve the team’s operating system. All engineers can dedicate up to 20% of their time to continuous improvement and personal training
• We accelerate growth using structured tools inspired by Lean management. You will be immersed in this culture and practice of continuous learning, which we call the Qonto Way.
Hear it from Anastasia, who joined the team as an engineer and who was promoted to Lead in July 2023:
"I had a friend who was a happy user of Qonto. While looking for my next mission, I discovered that engineers at Qonto are actively engaged in the product creation process, and that’s exactly was I was looking for. Seeing in the job description how Qonto cares about continuous learning, diversity and maintaining agility solidified my decision. I’ve applied immediately and never looked back!”
“Every team member has a voice and the freedom to challenge decisions. I love our commitment to striving for excellence. To achieve more, we get dedicated time for various improvements and trainings.”
🤝 Your future team
You will be part of a team with high standards of performance, as illustrated in this article by Florian, our Director of Web.
At Qonto, we value diversity and we are proud to have 30% of women within our Web team. We also have 33% women in the Web managers group.
To succeed as a Frontend Engineer at Qonto, you will need to demonstrate:
2. Attention to detail: you strive for excellence in every aspect of your job. You don’t gloss over minor issues and you understand that great work is the accumulation of many small things done right.
3. Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
4. Continuous improvement mindset: you put energy into getting better at your craft every day.
5. Structured reasoning: you express your thoughts in an organized, concise and precise manner. You can explain and illustrate complex ideas, both in speaking and in writing.
6. Collaborative skills: you treat your colleagues as if they were customers. You provide them with the highest standard of quality and you expect the same from them. You consistently act in ways that benefit the team.
You don’t need prior experience with Ember. As long as you are willing to learn, we have everything you need to get you onboarded 😉
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.