AML Junior Analyst - French Market
Operations & Customer Success – AML /
Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 450,000 customers. Thanks to our wonderful team of 1,400+ Qontoers, we also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do
Ownership | Own your part, get things done
Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
Mastery | Continuously raise the bar
Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 50% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
The AML/CFT team, referring to the Operations department, performs operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks.
You will join a team of 40+ AML officers, divided in three subteams led by Monica and Amilcar, Leads AML and Thibault our Senior Team Lead for the French Market.
You will perform operational controls to ensure our client base is not exposed to Money-laundering or Terrorist Financing risks.
👩💻🧑💻As an AML/CFT Officer at Qonto, you will
• Identify and investigate suspicious activity/flows through automated and manual alerts.
• Analyze financial documents and statements to identify any suspicious patterns.
• Communicate with the customers and counterparts in order to obtain key information.
• Support other teams such as Onboarding, Customer Service, and Banking Operations when there are suspicions regarding a customer.
• Work in alignment with the Financial Security team, who is in charge of declaring the cases handled by AML.
🤔 What you can expect
• A great team of 40+ AML Officers;
• Responsibilities and decision-making;
• Hyper-growth & international environment;
• Room for improvement in the AML department.
🤝 Your Future Manager
Their path: Prior to Qonto, Amilcar worked for several years as a commercial lawyer in his native Panama and headed the Legal and Compliance department for one of the most important insurance companies in the South American and Caribbean region. After completing a Master’s in Financial Regulation and Risk Management at SciencesPo - Paris, he decided to make a career change and left the insurance sector to work in the neo-banking industry. He has been working at Qonto for two years and currently leads the AML team in France, specializing in fraud through different payment methods, from the most classic ones as well as more recent and innovative instruments such as cryptocurrencies, NFTs and the entire blockchain universe.
What they can bring to you: Amilcar is very didactic and loves to transmit the knowledge he has acquired through his years of experience and studies. He is always friendly, and open to communication and teamwork. He is committed to fully develop the skills of the agents in his team, to assist in the evolution of their professional careers, and being a support for them to achieve all their goals.
• Experience: You have a first experience as an AML/CFT officer;
• Problem-solving: You have been trained in problem-structuring and analysis in a consulting firm or bank for at least 6 months;
• Analytical mindset: You are comfortable with numbers and have a good command of Excel for day-to-day use;
• Organizational skills: You are extremely rigorous and curious;
• Synthesis: You have a capacity for synthesis and know how to look at the big picture of your subjects;
• Languages: You are fluent both in French and English.
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive disability, and parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average, our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.