Director of Core Finance
Corporate & Middle Office – Finance /
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. In the summer of 2022, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
As our Director of Finance (in charge of Accounting, Asset & Liability Management, Treasury, and Consolidation) you will drive Qonto's core finance functions toward excellence and ensure our readiness for future growth and regulatory challenges.
In the face of ambitious growth plans, Qonto is strengthening its finance department. This role is crucial in leading this transformation. Reporting directly to Anita our CFO, you'll manage a diverse team and work closely with stakeholders both within and outside Qonto.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Director of Finance at Qonto, you will:
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting in line with IFRS norms
• Map and align transactional processes with internal control policies
• Lead the core finance teams (15+ talents in accounting, tax, treasury, Asset & Liability Management, Financial Transformation)
• Supervise Asset and Liability Management and supervise investment decisions
• Drive ongoing process improvement and efficiency within finance functions
🤔 What you can expect:
• The opportunity to lead the transformation of our finance functions towards excellence
• Work with brilliant colleagues in a fast-paced, dynamic company
• High autonomy in building your teams, processes, and strategies
• Lead multiple projects and manage a range of external stakeholders
• Create value in Finance and ease processes
🤝 About your future manager:
• Their Path: Anita, our accomplished CFO, boasts a rich history in global finance and technology sectors, excelling in strategic leadership and growth. She's a seasoned expert with a history of senior leadership and c-level roles, and will be there to help you succeed at Qonto.
• What She Offers You: Anita fintech and financial experience bring a wealth of knowledge to guide your growth and team development. Her expertise fosters a results-driven environment, empowering your journey at Qonto.
🏅 About You:
• You have robust experience in managing Accounting, Treasury, Consolidation, teams in a fast-paced corporate setting
• You are proficient in IFRS, and have experience in a listed company (ideally regulated)
• you have extensive experience in successfully collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders
• You have a proven ability to drive process improvement and efficiency within finance functions
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.