Senior Python Backend Engineer - remote friendly
Paris / Barcelona / Belgrade / Berlin / Milan
Tech & Data – Back-End /
Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 450,000 customers. Thanks to our wonderful team of 1,400+ Qontoers, we also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do
Ownership | Own your part, get things done
Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
Mastery | Continuously raise the bar
Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 50% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
🌏 Location: You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're within a +/- 3 hours CET timezone.
⭐ Mission: Join us as a Python Backend Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
⚡ Impact: As a Python Backend Engineer, you will be at the heart of our big project of migrating part of our Ruby codebase to Python, and you will be actively involved in shaping our Python expertise at Qonto. Our Python stack is expanding in product areas that hold the greatest promise for Qonto, meaning you'll have a significant influence on our business as well.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Python Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Build the best developer experience: help set up our tech stack, craft libraries, and write documentation in Python.
• Mentor engineers, and contribute on scaling our Python knowledge throughout our Backend team
• Produce and ship high-quality, well-documented code
• Build a great product by shipping efficient features
Our primary languages are Python, Go and Ruby for backend, EmberJS for frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our mobile apps. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice. We're also using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
🤔 What you can expect: our methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery. We're putting a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing. You can expect to focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We think success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and autonomy to improve yourself, our systems and our processes. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements (Kaizen, PDCA) in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, dedicate themselves to one feature at a time.
🤝 Your future department Head
As Head of Backend, Gabriel focuses on instilling ownership, autonomy, and an initiative-driven mindset within his teams. He provides comprehensive support for the growth of your future team, fostering creativity, and ensuring efficient delivery. Together with him, your goal is to cultivate excellence within the teams, as this is the key to Qonto's success; it involves tackling every challenge with a constructive mindset!
• What he can bring to you and the team
Gabriel brings extensive experience in team management and a robust product mindset. He is enthusiastic about nurturing the growth of our engineers at Qonto, where you will have the opportunity to work in a team that prioritizes high-quality software. Gabriel also fosters a highly collaborative workplace and thrives on embracing ambitious and challenging technical tasks.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications in Python;
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and product-driven engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value to customers;
• Impact maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark;
• Quality-driven: You follow best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews;
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn;
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues;
• Languages: You are fluent in English.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive disability, and parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average, our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.