Frontend Engineer (Remote friendly)
Tech & Data – Front-End /
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
🌏 Location:You can choose to work in a full-remote mode as long as you're living in (or willing to relocate to) either Germany, France, Italy, Serbia or Spain.
⭐ Your missions
Join us as a Frontend Engineer and help us craft beautiful web interfaces serving the business needs of our 350,000 customers.
You will be part of a team of +50 Front-End engineers shaping the financial app that will be used by one million SMEs by 2025.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will:
1. develop new product features within our web apps, in close collaboration with our Product and Backend teams,
2. unblock our clients by fixing the bugs they encounter,
3. improve the quality of our codebase,
4. contribute to the improvement of our production system, notably in terms of tooling and best practices.
You can read the interview of Djamel, one of our former frontend engineers now a Senior Lead, here.
🤔 What you can expect
• We built our own design system and UI kit from scratch.
• We have a strong focus on quality. We maintain a twelve-month technical vision and carefully monitor its execution. We have a zero-QA-return objective and we already delivered a 36% decrease in QA returns on new features in H2 ‘22 vs. H1 ‘22.
• We accelerate learning by identifying our blind spots, building new knowledge and sharing it with the rest of the team. You will be immersed in this culture and practice of continuous learning, which we call the Qonto Way.
• You will take an active part in designing the new features to be shipped to our customers, both from a technical and a product standpoint. You can learn how in this article by Claire, a senior engineer on the team.
• You will have autonomy to improve the team’s operating system. All engineers have at least one half-day per week available for continuous improvement and personal training.
🤝 Your future team
You will be part of a team focused on performance, as illustrated in this article by Florian, our Director of Web.
Our web apps all use a state-of-the-art version of the Ember.js framework. You can read why in this article by Frédéric, Senior Lead on the team.
At Qonto, we value diversity and we are proud to have 30% of women within our Web team. We expect to have 33% women within the management team by July ‘23.
• Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
• Continuous improvement mindset: you put energy into getting better at your craft every day.
• Structured reasoning: you express your thoughts in an organized, concise and precise manner. You can explain and illustrate complex ideas, both in speaking and in writing.
• Team player: you treat your colleagues as if they were customers. You provide them with the highest standard of quality and you expect the same from them. You have a positive impact on others and you act in ways that benefit the team.
You don’t need prior experience with Ember. As long as you are willing to learn, we have everything you need to get you onboarded 😉
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
- A central fully-renovated building in Barcelona with WeWork services
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 23 days of paid leave + 5 additional days of paid leave
- Alan (Seguro) health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
-A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us: