Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
General Management – C-Level
Qonto is the leading neobank for SMEs and freelancers.
Founded by Alexandre Prot and Steve Anavi, Qonto simplifies everyday banking, finance management and accounting. We offer a user-centric business banking solution on mobile and desktop, a very responsive customer service and transparent pricing. We are targeting all businesses from 1 to 250 employees and can either replace a traditional bank account or be a complement to make every business banking as easy, efficient and hassle-free as it should be.
Our mission is to create the bank all businesses love. We focus on client satisfaction and people development through our core values:
- Ambition: we tackle big problems
- Teamwork: we can only create magic by working together
- Mastery: we grow and get better every day
- Integrity: we care and respect our community
- 40,000+ business clients since our launch (July 2017)
- 130+ Qontoers
- €32m in funding from tier-one VCs: Valar (founded by Peter Thiel), Alven and the European Investment Bank
- One of the 50 Emerging stars in worldwide FinTech by KPMG and H2 Ventures!
- The 3rd most attractive startup in France according to Linkedin and 2018 winner of the FrenchWeb500 prize
- The ambitious plan to expand to 3 additional European markets in 2019: Germany, Italy and Spain
The Chief Marketing Officer will be a key member of the executive management team, reporting directly to the CEO, Alexandre Prot. The role will be based in Paris.
In essence, the Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for the ownership, definition and execution of the right marketing strategy for Qonto.
- Lead and scale the marketing, and sales organisation, hiring, providing motivation, coaching, and inspiration to your team.
- Define an effective marketing strategy for Qonto that will ensure the business meets key commercial targets. Define and drive effective brand and performance marketing strategies.
- Maximise customer lifetime value by defining and executing a strong CRM strategy.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive growth, understand customer behaviour and optimise the user experience across multiple touchpoints.
- Create and execute an effective PR and social media marketing strategy for the business.
- Optimise the user experience, champion the customer across the business.
- Evolve the existing positioning and manage message architecture to build a narrative that resonates with the entrepreneurial and SME customers the company is targeting;
- Build and refine global go-to-market plans across the EU, channels and segments.
- Marketing and sales strategies – You will be able to define strong & creative multi-channel marketing and sales strategies.
- Brand building – You will have a good understanding of how to build differentiated brands. Exposure to the e-commerce funnel.
- Performance marketing – You will have a good understanding of performance marketing. You will almost certainly have held hands-on, performance marketing oriented roles in your career.
- International – You will have multi-market, regional or international experience and/or be international in outlook.
- Languages – Bilingual or fluent in English and French. Italian/Spanish or German is a plus.
- Seniority – You will have a strong strategic sense of how to define the right plans and be able to shape and lead a high performing marketing organisation (at least 8 years of experience).
- Ability to influence product – You will have high user empathy and be able to optimise user experience across key customer touch points. Experience of having influenced or driven improvements in product and user experience is highly relevant.
- You will have high customer-focused orientation, and are able to combine the immediate needs of customers with longer term new market developments.
- Data and analytics – You will have a strong understanding of how to leverage data to drive customer insight and improve the efficiency of marketing campaigns.
- Hands-on – You enjoy being hands-on and working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly motivated – You will be driven and keen to make a difference.
- Qonto card (for lunch)
- Modern health insurance (Alan)
- Large choice of sports activities (Gymlib)
- Typical startup perks (Macbook Pro, goodies, free snacks/drinks)
- A 1,000 square meters office in “Silicon Sentier” (central Paris)
- Regular team events: Team lunches/dinners, team drinks, off-sites
💪 Hiring process
- Video-call - HR interview (45min)
- Onsite business case & coffees with the team
- Reference check
- Final interview with both founders
Thank you for considering to join Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!