Senior DevOps Engineer
At Qsic we're using human curation, AI, and IoT devices to build a retail and commercial analytics platform to help clients to understand and predict customer behaviour. We've just closed a series A, and we're looking to expand the team to help realise our 2021 goals.
Our engineering team runs our streaming music and business intelligence platform, one that is used by some of Australia's most-respected retail, hospitality and quick-service businesses.
Qsic is looking for a Senior DevOps Developer to join our engineering team. This is an opportunity for the right person to come into a one-of-a-kind, technology-rich company and take ownership of our infrastructure from end to end, and to share your experience working in high-performing teams to help us build groundbreaking products.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about new technology and keen to join a fun and rewarding team, Qsic is the place for you!
- Take ownership of the current AWS footprint and grow it as the business evolves into new markets and regions.
- Implement security best practices across multiple AWS accounts including deployments, multi-AZ RDS instances, IAM policies and roles.
- Manage existing infrastructure while working with new technologies that best fit the business.
- Working with engineering teams to create easy to use deployment pipelines for new and existing products.
- Champion the cause of DevOps within the engineering organisation, and instil confidence through training, knowledge sharing, and the provision of sensible defaults.
- Setup and maintenance of AWS alerting for core infrastructure.
- Designing and building fault tolerant systems.
- Working on both existing embedded systems and the implementation of new systems, alongside our IOT team and engineers.
- Creating internal tooling for our customer support and engineering teams.
- Delivering security enhancements to our current API’s and embedded systems.
- Working in cross-functional teams on new project specifications and requirements.
- Helping to design the next iteration of our platform.
- Coaching and mentoring other developers to assist them in integrating new ideas into the current development pipeline.
- Working with some truly amazing people and having a real impact on the future of Qsic.
- You are an expert in managing commercial fault tolerant AWS platforms.
- You’re up to date on the new and shiny, but you appreciate the value of tried and tested.
- Designing and building fault tolerant applications within AWS using CloudFormation, Lambda, ECS, Aurora (MySQL & Postgres), Elastic Beanstalk, S3 & CloudFront.
- You are methodical, level-headed, and organised.
- You have experience in setting up and maintaining multi-region (Australia & US) resources.
- You are someone who stays up-to date with best practices and technologies and can bring these to the engineering team and management for discussion.
- You have the ability to share and transfer knowledge to peers and more junior engineers alike.
- You are self-driven, have excellent attention to detail, and can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in both spoken and written formats.
- MacBook Pro, dual Dell monitors, and adjustable standing desk.
- Training budget for you to work on your skills.
- Structured time for experimentation and learning.
- Flexible working arrangements after initial onboarding period.
- Room to grow as an engineer, as well as teach those junior to you.
- Work with the latest technologies and frameworks.
- Great team and open environment.
- The ability to influence the future direction of the team.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining why Qsic is the right fit for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
We recognise that not everyone has all the skills we’re looking for – some are more important than others, and some can be taught. If you’re unsure about whether to apply, go for it!
Qsic is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate our differences, and aim to create a welcoming environment where Qsicians can bring their authentic selves to work; in doing so, we make Qsic a stronger and more interesting place to work.