At Qsic we're using human curation, AI, and IoT devices to build a retail and commercial analytics platform to help clients to understand and predict customer behaviour. We've just closed a series A, and we're looking to expand the team to help realise our 2021 goals.
Our engineering team runs our streaming music and business intelligence platform, one that is used by some of Australia's most-respected retail, hospitality and quick-service businesses.
Qsic is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead our engineering teams to build ground-breaking products, focusing on scalable, cloud native API’s and IOT systems. We are looking for the right person to join a collaborative team to help build out our current technology stack for the future.
This is an opportunity for the right person to come into a one-of-a-kind, technology-rich company and have an immediate impact, to take our existing applications and processes and make them really shine, and to share your experience working in high-performing teams to help us build groundbreaking products.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about new technology and keen to join a fun and rewarding team, Qsic is the place for you!
- Leading multiple engineering teams across a business to help them achieve their goals.
- Managing the teams who work on both existing embedded systems and the implementation of new systems, alongside our IOT team.
- Helping to build and support our backend infrastructure to support our current customer base as we grow here at home and into other countries.
- Helping to fine tune existing engineering processes to be more effective.
- The voice of the engineering team to the CTO and senior management.
- Leading cross-functional teams on new project specifications and requirements.
- Working closely with the CTO on the direction of the engineering team and product requirements.
- Assisting with the hiring of new engineers across various roles and skill sets.
- Helping to design the next iteration of our platform.
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers to assist them in integrating new ideas into the current development pipeline.
- Taking ideas and concepts, and turning them into new products and offerings.
- Working with some truly amazing people and having a real impact on the future of Qsic.
- You have led one or more teams of engineers and are passionate about shipping great products.
- You are or have been a Senior Python Engineer – you value pragmatism over perfection, and you know when it’s time to ship.
- You can work with engineering teams to estimate projects and commit to a deadline.
- You're a good judge of a project's complexity and bring solutions to problems before diving in head first.
- You have solid experience designing and building fault tolerant applications within a cloud based environment, preferably AWS.
- You can help engineering teams to accurately estimate tickets and resolve any blockers.
- You’ve worked in a Test Driven Development environment.
- You are someone who stays up-to date with best practices and technologies and can bring these to the development team and management for discussion.
- You can work with senior management and senior engineers to bring new and existing products to life through technical specifications and design.
- You have the ability to share and transfer knowledge to peers and more junior engineers alike.
- You are self-driven, have excellent attention to detail, and can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in both spoken and written formats.
- MacBook Pro, dual Dell monitors, and adjustable standing desk.
- Training budget for you to work on your skills.
- Structured time for experimentation and learning.
- Flexible working arrangements after initial onboarding period.
- Room to grow as an engineer, as well as teach those junior to you.
- Work with the latest technologies and frameworks.
- Great team and open environment.
- The ability to influence the future direction of the team.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining why Qsic is the right fit for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
We recognise that not everyone has all the skills we’re looking for – some are more important than others, and some can be taught. If you’re unsure about whether to apply, go for it!
Qsic is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate our differences, and aim to create a welcoming environment where Qsicians can bring their authentic selves to work; in doing so, we make Qsic a stronger and more interesting place to work.