Senior Data Scientist
At Qsic we're using human curation, AI, and IoT devices to build a retail and commercial analytics platform to help clients to understand and predict customer behaviour. We've just closed a series A, and we're looking to expand the team to help realise our 2021 goals.
Our engineering team runs our streaming music and business intelligence platform, one that is used by some of Australia's most-respected retail, hospitality and quick-service businesses.
This is an opportunity for the right person to come into a fun, technology-rich company to take our existing machine learning and data applications to make them really shine. We are looking for someone with experience working in product teams, and who loves building groundbreaking products.
- Work with the engineering team on building out data pipelines to support the Qsic Business Intelligence tooling.
- Working on existing Machine Learning models to enhance the ongoing customer in-store experience.
- Working with existing reporting data to reveal trends, histories, and stats.
- Uncovering new insights and data sources that may be of interest to the business.
- Building out production grade BI and ML tools from existing codebases and proof of concepts.
- Bringing new ideas and processes to the data and development teams.
- Working on datasets from some of Australia’s largest commercial retailers.
- Working with business and sales teams to produce marketing collateral.
- Communicating ideas and results through Jupyter Notebooks to other team members and management.
- 8 years of commercial experience in a role as a Data Scientist or similar.
- Data modeling for BI (OLAP, efficient multi-dimensional star schemas).
- Building out and maintaining data pipelines (ETL) within AWS using Python and SQL.
- Best practices for large sets of data, writing advanced queries and maintaining tables
- Experience building out and implementing custom ML models using the right training method for the pipeline.
- Experience in database development/DBA.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL, Redshift and MySQL.
- Can communicate technical ideas clearly to other team members as well as to management.
- Up to date knowledge of data analysis, ML tooling and technologies.
- Ability to interpret ML model accuracy and effectiveness.
- MacBook Pro, dual Dell monitors, and adjustable standing desk.
- Work with management and the development team to define our data technology stack, as well as integrating new ideas and processes into the business.
- Take concepts and build them into new products and offerings for Qsic.
- Work in a truly agile environment.
- Training budget for you to work on your skills.
- To work with some truly amazing people and products and have input into how we develop as a company.
- Flexible working arrangements after initial onboarding period.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining why Qsic is the right fit for you. We look forward to hearing from you!
We recognise that not everyone has all the skills we’re looking for – some are more important than others, and some can be taught. If you’re unsure about whether to apply, go for it!
Qsic is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate our differences, and aim to create a welcoming environment where Qsicians can bring their authentic selves to work; in doing so, we make Qsic a stronger and more interesting place to work.