Field Construction Manager
Wanamingo, Minnesota /
QualTek Wireless (Central) – QualTek Wireless (Central) /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position assists with the oversight of cell site construction including scope, planning, budgeting, safety, quality, scheduling, staffing, material handling, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as a point of contact between project management and construction execution
· Conduct site walks, evaluate conditions, and prepare cost estimates accordingly
· Create bills of materials based upon the scope of work and construction plans
· Coordinate and track site material delivery and return
· Report project status and performance data
· Establish, manage, and maintain subcontractor relationships
· Review project costs for accuracy including time, materials, and subcontractors
· Ensure permitting, inspections, and code compliance is completed as needed
· Review all site-specific closeout documentation for accuracy and ensure timely submission
· Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Job Duties: Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with the Company’s objectives, policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, planning, assigning, and directing work, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing employee concerns, and partnering with Human Resources to resolve escalated employee matters.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· Six years microwave and wireless site construction experience
· One-year construction management experience
· Knowledge of the wireless infrastructure development process, site acquisition, zoning, permitting, civil construction, and RF equipment installation
· Must have or obtain and maintain OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 construction training cards
· Must have or obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and radio frequency data sheets
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
· Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgement, and solve problems
· Ability to lead, teach, and train on proper work and safety procedures
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
· Must be able to sit at a desk and/or work on a computer for 6-8 hours per day
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, including short notice travel. Travel includes local site travel or national travel depending on business needs
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.