Civil Technician III
Bloomington, Minnesota /
QualTek Wireless (Central) – QualTek Wireless (Central) /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for performing general construction activities on wireless cell tower sites, including the site layout, foundation, grounding, laying conduit and fiber, and general landscaping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform the layout of cell tower sites, including the electrical and telecommunications infrastructure
· Utilize hand and power tools, and other resources to perform general landscaping, such as concrete work, rebar, trenching, and grubbing
· Assist with setting shelters, building culverts, roadways, and collecting soil reclamations and corrections
· Connect jumpers and running cables to ground units
· Build and tie together cages of rebar
· Load, transport, and unload tools, materials, and equipment in a safe manner
· Prepare and clean work sites
· Maintain tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site
· Complete all required Company documentation
· Assist Foreman with site photographs
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· Five years wireless telecommunications industry experience
· General construction site and minor electrical experience
· Ability to operate equipment such as excavators and skid steers
· Must have or obtain and maintain OSHA Construction 10-hour Safety Training Card
· Must have or obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
· Must have or obtain and maintain RF Radiation Safety & Awareness certification
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Basic mathematical skills and calculation ability
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to motivate, lead, teach, and train on proper work and safety procedures
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat, and lift 75 lbs.
· Ability to work in various settings with moderate to loud noise levels
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, including short notice travel. Travel includes local site travel or national travel depending on business needs.
Starting Pay: $25
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.