Billerica, Massachusetts /
QualTek Wireless (East) – QualTek Wireless (East) /
At QualTek, growth and evolution have been at the forefront of our culture since the Company’s inception in 2012. Our work environment reflects this, as our team has a fast-paced, “get stuff done” mindset, that is balanced by our collaborative and casual atmosphere. If you are seeking a new opportunity, with a clear career path, come join a team that is committed to, “Quality first, people and safety always”.
This position is responsible for the on-site supervision of the general activities being performed on wireless sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct and supervise the installation and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops, and other elevated structures
· Provide leadership to the crew from the beginning of a project through completion, ensuring safety and quality standards, budget, and timelines are adhered to
· Review the documentation to prepare for the build, assemble the necessary materials, and determine the required installation methods
· Supervise the tracking of on-site inventory and materials, and refresh project supplies as needed
· Perform tower inspections, inventories, and audits
· Identify and select cables, ropes, blocks, and tackle by weight and size of load to be moved
· Collect, review, and submit all on-site closeout documentation per the deliverable timelines
· Identify areas of improvement for staff and make training recommendations to management as required
· Maintain tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site
· Ensure that the crew completes all required Company documentation
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (G.E.D.), or related trade school education
· Six to eight years wireless telecommunications industry experience
· Two to four years supervisory experience
· Knowledge of knots and tower rigging
· Must have or obtain and maintain OSHA Construction 10-hour Safety Training Card
· Must have or obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
· Must have or obtain and maintain RF Radiation Safety & Awareness certification
· Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
· Ability to operate power tools and hand tools
· Proven ability to perform fiber and sweep testing
· Ability to operate aerial lifts, man lifts, skid steers, and aerial platform equipment
· Ability to work directly with customers and build bill of materials (BOM) based on job needs per plans
· DC/AC electrical skills
· Ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical or electrical connections
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgement, and solve problems
· Ability to motivate, lead, teach, and train on proper work and safety procedures
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
· Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 75 lbs.
· Ability to pull his/her own body weight, plus equipment weight, up a vertical tower to 500 feet repeatedly for long periods of time
· Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
· Ability to work long and unpredictable hours
· Ability to travel away from home up to 75% of the time, including weekends and extended travel. Travel includes local site travel or national travel depending on business needs.
Starting Pay: $30+
QualTek takes pride in providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that meets employee needs and ensures a level of security and protection. We also recognize the important role employee benefits play as a critical component of your overall compensation. We strive to maintain a benefits program that is competitive within our industry.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (plus additional voluntary benefits)
· Voluntary Accident, Voluntary Critical Illness and Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 401(K) with company match
· Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, & Company Holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
· Employee Referral Program
· Company Discount Program
At QualTek, we take pride in the quality of our people and the services that we provide.
Apply today and become part of the QualTek family, work alongside our talented industry professionals and impact the future of technology! #QualtekServices #TelecomJobs #NowHiring #QualTekLife #QualTekConnects
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.